VOICES of the LAND Album Recording Project
My name is Christina Rusnak, a composer of New (mostly classical) Music, and a member of the Landscape Music Composers Network. I’m excited to announce a new recording project of six pieces I’ve composed over the last decade.
By nature, I’m an explorer, and I’ve sonically explored many national treasures across the country. The six pieces in this project tell a collective story, but it is only in looking back over the last ten years that the linkages between these iconic and obscure sites have become apparent.
VOICES OF THE LAND musically explores diverse landscapes, beautiful and rugged as well as desolate and abundant across the western United States, against the backdrop of settlement; of land ripped away, and land given away. Each piece was composed in its own geographic and cultural bubble; my assertion is that every landscape embodies multiple voices, and multiple perspectives, including those of the land itself.
An avid hiker, I am passionate about composing about PLACE and the human experience. Sometimes that’s environmental, sometimes social, and in this case, something more. Working at the intersection of nature, culture, history and art, I strive to integrate context into my music to convey something meaningful.
MUSIC can connect people in ways beyond notes on a page.
The pieces on this album represent North Cascades National Park (WA), Cottonwood Canyon State Park (OR), Yukon Charley Rivers National Preserve (AK), The Oregon Historic Trail (Many), Homestead National Monument (NE), and Pine Meadow Ranch (OR).
I’ve been saving for three years, which covers the performer costs, but it’s not enough for all of the recording, marketing and distribution costs. Five pieces are being recorded at Shalin Lu Performance Center in Rockport, Massachusetts and performed by Juventas New Music Ensemble, an inspiring contemporary chamber group based in Boston. Pine Meadow was funded by a Grant from the Regional Arts and Culture Council in Oregon and recorded at Dead Aunt Thelma’s Studio in Portland.
I believe this project is important - enough to try to find others who may be inspired to support it, so I’m reaching out to the community to garner funds for the last financial hurdle.
My goal of $10,600 to defray a portion of the direct costs which include:
• Recording Studio and Engineers
• Production Editing, Mixing
• Audio Post-Production
• Marketing and Distribution
1. A gift of any amount will receive name public recognition and updates on the GoFundMe site, my Voices of the Land Web page and a personal Thank You email from me.
2. $15 - Digital Download of Voices of the Land recording via digital download; public recognition, updates and thank-you.
3. $25 - CD of The Voices of the Land CD recording via mail, public recognition, updates and thank-you.
4. $200 -$495 – Voices of the Land Booklet + CD; public recognition, updates and thank-you.
5. $500+ Live Virtual session discussing Landscape composition and more – tailored for you, your educational institution or organization + CD + Booklet; public recognition, updates and thank-you.
6. $2,500 – In-Person Presentation and/or Workshop, discussing Landscape composition and more – tailored for you, your educational institution or your organization** + CD + Booklet + Autographed Scores; public recognition, recognition, updates and thank-you.
** Within the continental United States; available beyond that with transportation adjustment.
THANK YOU for being a part of this amazing step forward, and for your support for New Music and the inspirational Landscapes that we can enjoy! Any amount no matter how small is welcome. I am truly grateful!! The creation should be complete by early summer, and the album will drop in late summer. For updates, additional images of these sites, and a list of Supporters, go to my website and see: VOICES OF THE LAND.
Become the first supporter
Your donation matters
GoFundMe protects your donation
We guarantee you a full refund for up to a year in the rare case that fraud occurs. See our GoFundMe Giving Guarantee.