Starting Over

Hi Everyone,
Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this. And also a huge thank you to all of our friends and family who have already shown us amazing support and helped us out in every way possible.
On Tuesday 23.01.2018 our housemates were having a bbq outside our bedroom window. Somehow the gas bottle has caught on fire and managed to explode and set our room and pretty much everything we own on fire. Fortunately we were both out at the time and noone was injured. Our bedroom door was closed so luckliy the fire was contained to our bedroom and our housemates things were okay.
However, unfortunately most of our possessions were ruined in the fire. All our clothes, uni work, laptops, jewellery, tv, photos, passports, furniture etc.
The total cost of everything we lost is far greater than our goal, however we are just looking to be able to get back on our feet after this blow.
Since we were sub letting off our housemates, we were unable to get insurance, and we have recently found out that they also were also uninsured.
Obviously every little bit counts and we are already so grateful for everyone's support.
This has been a very humbling experience for the two of us as we both hate asking for help and would much rather be giving assistance rather than asking for it.
Again, thank you so much for your time taken reading this and thank you for your support. We know there are so many others doing it tough and we are eternally grateful for all of you .
All our love and gratitude,
Loz and Gaz xx

  • Eileen le Roux
    • $75 
    • 60 mos
  • Mal Denniss
    • $150 
    • 60 mos
  • Veona Cooper-Marsh
    • $50 
    • 60 mos
  • Lord Twinkie
    • $200 
    • 60 mos
  • Talesha Quinn
    • $30 
    • 60 mos
See all


Lauren Tahnia
Wolli Creek NSW

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily.

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about.

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the  GoFundMe Giving Guarantee.