- S
- S


Radiotherapy for Alisha .
0% complete
€4,881 raised of €9K
107 donations
This is my puppy Alisha she is only year and 8 months old.In August I noticed white discharge from her right nostril.I didn't think its serious , completed antibiotics for 1 week but it did not improve.We attended Nutgrove veterinary hospital where Rhinoscopy(1200 euro) was done under general anaesthetic .Vet told me that there is a mass in her right nostril and they couldn't even get in with the scope, number of biopsies was taken.I am a nurse and considering her young age I even didn't think about oncology but then the bad news arrived exactly on my Birthday 2 of October - vet rang and said that histology results showed Nasal Chondrosarcoma and that he is struggling with the plan.We were referred to Lucan Myvets clinic for CT scan(780 euro)which was done on 21 of October it took 2 weeks to obtain the results which was frustrating .Eventually I received the CT scan final report and insisted to be referred to UCD teaching veterinary hospital.We discussed the case on the phone , they told me to keep Alisha fasting and come for surgery on 9 th of November..I had bad feeling and also Alisha was sad even in the car where she normally loves to be.UCD Surgeon explained me the surgery which was seems to be major, that half of Alishas face including eye have to be removed and also there is possibility of post op complications and the main thing was that surgery alone will not do much to treat this cancer.I started to cry and asked him what he would do if it was his dog ,he replied immediately Radiotherapy but its not available in Ireland its in Liverpool and its very expensive 5000 euro and up to 10 thousand depending of the protocol.I said that we will go for it and felt huge relief that surgery didn't happened.UCD sent all the history to Liverpool Small Animal Teaching hospital and now we are waiting for the final price ,praying that it will be not much more than 5000 euro.It wasn't easy for me to ask for donations but I took deep breath and decided to go ahead with that to save Alishas life and with Radiotherapy first, smaller surgery after ,the chances are good to treat it.I also joined the Canine and Feline nasal cancer support group on FB we are the youngest . We are getting valuable advises from there about natural antioxidant supplements /diet ,treatments and many things we can do.
I know its difficult time now for everyone and if you can donate few euros we appreciate it, if you cant afford but can only share this post and sent us good thoughts we appreciate it ,If you think I shouldn't be spending this money for dog, thats okay but Alisha for me is not "just a dog"she is my family member and I have to help her despite that I must to do something which is out of my comfort zone.
I am always donating therefore I believe that good karma will come back to us when we desperately need it.
Thank you for even reading this post and sending us good vibes :)
Inta and Alisha
Update.
Liverpool is not possible for us ,I spoke with them yesterday .Price will be about 10 thousands euro and we have to travel there once a week for 5-6 weeks from Ireland to Liverpool which means I will be breaking the low of current 2 weeks self isolation requirement and also will be not able to work due to self isolation.We will be going to Ljubljan instead, travel, RT and surgery approx 6-7 thousand euro .Alishas breeder Janja from Slovenia kindly offered help and will accommodate Alisha for treatment time I am so grateful for that Transport is arranged for 17 th of December but I am trying to find something earlier.Bit worried ,she had discharges with blood from right nostril today ,however Chondrosarcoma is slow growing and I want to believe it will be not to late.
I know its difficult time now for everyone and if you can donate few euros we appreciate it, if you cant afford but can only share this post and sent us good thoughts we appreciate it ,If you think I shouldn't be spending this money for dog, thats okay but Alisha for me is not "just a dog"she is my family member and I have to help her despite that I must to do something which is out of my comfort zone.
I am always donating therefore I believe that good karma will come back to us when we desperately need it.
Thank you for even reading this post and sending us good vibes :)
Inta and Alisha
Update.
Liverpool is not possible for us ,I spoke with them yesterday .Price will be about 10 thousands euro and we have to travel there once a week for 5-6 weeks from Ireland to Liverpool which means I will be breaking the low of current 2 weeks self isolation requirement and also will be not able to work due to self isolation.We will be going to Ljubljan instead, travel, RT and surgery approx 6-7 thousand euro .Alishas breeder Janja from Slovenia kindly offered help and will accommodate Alisha for treatment time I am so grateful for that Transport is arranged for 17 th of December but I am trying to find something earlier.Bit worried ,she had discharges with blood from right nostril today ,however Chondrosarcoma is slow growing and I want to believe it will be not to late.
Organizer
Inta Jankovica
Organizer
