Ty Schenzel was a suburban youth pastor in a large megachurch who found himself divinely confronted about the urban plight of the people of North Omaha. Ty quickly recruited Jeff and their top leadership core to help him struggle to gain the support of the church leadership. After many confrontations, death defying experiences, and temporary removal from their positions, Ty led a Spirit-led movement of repentance and prayer suddenly launched a rag-tag team of hundreds from the church in birthing what eventually became -The Hope Center.
The Funds: will go to costs to make this book/script:
1. Writing and Printing includes: Research, interviews, travel, writing, re-writing, professional editing, graphics
2. Publishing and Marketing includes: publishing, marketing, website, social media, investors, endorsements, and advertising.
Why Contribute to This Project?
The reason a book, and very possibly a movie about this story is so important:
1. To help bring racial reconciliation and understanding to the races in USA and beyond in 2018-2019
2. To bring awareness to people of ways they can help the inner cities of the nation and world
3. To inspire Christians to pray - how prayer was KEY to the creation of THE HOPE CENTER in Omaha. NE
4. To encourage people that God does miracles right in front of our eyes when we trust him and follow His leading
5. To give faith to people that God can use ANYONE he chooses to do great things!
The truth is - Ty's Hope was that HOPE CENTERS would be built in every major city in the USA and beyond. It is my sincere prayer
that THIS BOOK (and maybe FILM God willing) will help that hope spread!
Through the miracle of crowdfunding, you can HELP ME make this book and script!
Please prayerfully consider whatever God would place on your heart to help this step in the journey become a reality.
Let's do this together!
NOTE: For those who GIVE:
* $10 or more: we will display your name on our site!
* $30 or more, we will ALSO send you a FREE COPY of the book!
* $100 or more, you will ALSO get a signed copy of the BOOK, and personal "Thank You" in this book!
* $500 or more, you will ALSO get listed as "Our Sponsors" in the book, website and YOUR NAME in the credits if/when it is a movie.
*$1000 or more, you will ALSO get AN OPEN INVITE to come sit a) at the FOUNDERS TABLE for all book promotional events, b) show up at the RED CARPET for personal picture with filmmakers if/when it's a movie!
( If you want us to be able to email you for all your rewards, Make sure you do not give anonymously!)
I have several relationships with Hollywood producers that have distribution green lights with studios. One LA Producer has mentored me professionally, and was instrumental in cheering me on to get this story out.
My Role in this story -
I was Ty's Assistant Pastor for 5 and 1/2 years in the 1990s, as well as one of 13 full-time pastors at Trinity Church. It was such a fun and life-changing experience to walk with Ty through all of these crazy adventures as he fearlessly pursued God's leading for his life.
I can't wait to share them with you!
Other "Qualifications" -
* I am a feature filmmaker. My film - Heart of The City, went on to play at several film festivals and theaters.
* I am a multiple Telly award winning director, and lifetime judge for the Telly's Silver Council.
* I am a published author (The New Pharisee) and an Amazon Bestselling co-author in 3 categories. (Pebbles in the Pond. Vol 2.)
NOTE: As you can see by my accomplishments, I don't mess around. I make dreams my reality - when I am given the go ahead to do so.
DonationsSee top donations
- Cletus Willette
- Brian Rensing
- Greg Vassios
- Michelle Quintana
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more