Hi there! I'm Tyrell.
Before I share my Olympic story there is one important thing you need to know about me:
My purpose in life is to positively influence others so they can discover and own the truest version of themselves in the world.
I aspire to have this influence in every interaction, every single day, because I fundamentally believe we are all capable of world class performance and life is most fulfilling when we operate from this place.
Why the Olympics?
My goal in qualifying and competing in the Olympics is twofold:
First and most importantly is the opportunity to continue to develop and share this message of positive influence and helping others live at their best with a broader audience.
Second, it represents me walking my talk, jumping head first into the deep end in pursuit of an audacious goal - this is where I believe our greatest growth and potential as human beings is realized.
My quest for the Olympics officially began 3 years ago. As a 6'6, 250 lb. former NCAA Division 1 basketball player and elite level Crossfitter, if there is one sport my body was built for, it's throwing a circular object over the better half of a football field (this is ‘the Discus’).
The Olympics for me represents my vehicle for living my life to it's fullest - learning and growing through the endurance of incredible challenge and operating from my deepest sense of purpose and passion.
I use the word "vehicle" with intention, because I fundamentally believe each and every one of us has a similar journey to embark on, no matter life’s circumstances.
I am chasing this goal alongside my wife Tash who is my biggest supporter (my Tribe) and our two young daughters, Olia & Bella. To fund a majority of the journey I also manage a full time career in leadership and management in Vancouver, BC.
In financially supporting me in this GoFundMe campaign you are helping me lay the bricks on the road to the Olympics - but it is the deeper and more systemic impact you are enabling that I believe is the real power of your gift.
Every day I am able to take a step towards the Olympics is a day where I can facilitate greater positive influence and transformation in others - encouraging and challenging them to be courageous in living in that truest version of themselves where they can show up as their best.
What to Watch for in 2018
In typical fashion I have set some ambitious goals for 2018. These include eclipsing the elusive 60 meter mark and winning my first Canadian National Championship.
To give you some context, here is what my journey looks like to date:
Where will Financial Support Go?
Here is a glimpse at the 2018 training & competitive season:
- February: Arizona training camp
- April: Arizona training camp w/ Family
- April: California world stage competition circuit
- July: Canadian National Championships in Ottawa
- Gear upgrade (upgrade 1-3 year old discus shoes and training apparel)
- Body upgrade (improved nutrition & performance protocol, additional movement and biomechanic training)
- Mind upgrade (ongoing mental training to ensure peak performance)
This represents only a highlight of the 2018 costs. 100% of which are self funded.
Your donation will go directly to 2018's travel, competition and gear/body upgrade. More importantly it will support me in my journey to transforming the world through treating every interaction and conversation as a moment of influence - encouraging others to live in their truest sense of self.
I hope you have a sense that the Olympics is only part of this story; it's the vehicle through which I want to influence and empower others to chase their dreams. By supporting this GoFundMe campaign and joining my Tribe, you will be receiving this body of work literally as it evolves in real time.
Using the word "vehicle" to describe the Olympics is important because it reminds me that the mindset, tools, rituals and journey I am learning about in this process can be applied to anyone's life. This is the real story I want to share with you and the world over the coming months and years.
My Ask of You
1) Donate. $10 to $1,000 and beyond, every contribution has an impact. Whatever level of support feels right, know my family and I are incredibly grateful.
2) Share. Let 2 people who will be inspired by this story know what I'm up to. Word of mouth is the most powerful engine for individuals reaching amazing goals fuelled by a community.
Whether you're connected to high school students or hedge fund managers, it's my aim for this story to reach and inspire anyone who has an appetite to live as the very best version of themselves - and is willing to put skin in the game to support someone in their own process of achieving that goal.
What's in it for you
- As a direct benefit of supporting this journey, I'll share my most raw insights, life learnings, and experiences with you in a way that is applicable to living your life at its absolute best.
- You're playing a direct and meaningful role in supporting a Canadian athlete navigate to the Olympic Games.
- You''ll receive behind the scenes updates from the road while competing, delivering workshops & speaking. Plus, I'll share some 'behind the scenes' insight into how we survive and thrive at home.
- You'll receive an invite and free ticket to an event Spring 2018 to share a status update and introduce the framework I leverage for living in this place of intuition, undertaking massive challenge and striving to live at my very best.
- You're directly fuelling a mission that will change the world over the next several decades.
Thank you for your donation.
Thank you for sharing this message with others.
Thank you for being a part of my Tribe.
DonationsSee top donations
- John Kennedy
- Suzanne Griffiths
- David Johnson
- Mike Stephenson
- Adrian Wallace
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more