Turning the Page (www.turnngthepage.org) engages public school parents in low-income Washington, D.C. and Chicago public schools to become more active and effective participants in their children’s education. As we celebrate outcomes and our achievements across the prior twenty years, and look ahead to serving thousands more families across the next decade, we recognize that we are not immune to the financial difficulties facing many non-profits. As TTP faces its most challenging time yet, we are reaching out to old friends and new, seeking the financial support we’ll need to sustain the important work we do each day, and to plan for our third decade.
We are seeking to raise $20,000 with this effort. Your gift will help change the lives of families by creating communities of caring families and teachers who are working together to push children to excel both academically and socially. Specifically, your support will enable us to purchase children’s books and other necessary program materials, and help fund the team necessary to implement our family and school programs.
- $50 purchases 15 high-quality children’s books for home libraries
- $100 provides learning materials for 10 families to practice important literacy skills at home
- $300 purchases supplies for one parent-led project to improve their children’s school
- $500 provides a healthy dinner for 50 families during Turning the Page’s Community Nights
- $1,000 supports one full Summer Learning Trip
External evaluations in both D.C. and Chicago demonstrate that students whose families attend Turning the Page events are significantly outperforming their peers in school. Please visit our website at www.turningthepage.org to learn more about how we engage families and school communities.
We very much appreciate your time in learning more about Turning the Page, and look forward to keeping you posted on our progress.