The Theta Upsilon Alumni Association is organizing a fundraising campaign to make capital improvements to the current Pike house at 511 North Peachtree Avenue and we need your help! Before we get into the details of the improvements plan, here are a few chapter facts:
• The chapter currently consists of 42 actives.
• The 2017 fall pledge class (Gamma Mu) consisted of 11 pledges.
• The chapter was chartered in 1981 so this is our 37th year at TTU.
• There are now 634 brothers that have been initiated through Theta Upsilon.
Some of you may be aware that in the summer of 2017 a GoFundMe page was started to aid the chapter in getting a new roof for the house. Even though this fundraising effort was hastily put together due to the time constraints of fall rush, 62 alumni came together and raised nearly $8000. This resulted in the new roof being installed before rush (a big thank you to all who gave during the initial campaign). With everyone’s help, the alumni association would like to build on this success with a new fundraising campaign.
After the new roof was installed last year, we took inventory of the house and realized additional capital is desperately needed for improvements regarding safety, liability, and livability. They are as follows:
• New deck – the current deck was constructed in 1991 and is in need of immediate replacement. The tree the deck was constructed around is at the end of its life as well. The plan is to demolish the old deck, get rid of the tree, and construct a new deck very similar in size and dimension.
• New fence around north and east side of lot.
• Replace the double doors that lead to deck and install a new outside awning over the doors to help mitigate water penetration.
• Replace both front and back doors to help with security and weather related issues.
• Plant an evergreen tree barrier along the south property line to block the view of the SAE house from the Pike deck.
• Miscellaneous improvements to the front of the house to prevent water damage and improve street appeal.
• Miscellaneous HVAC, plumbing, painting.
On Saturday, December 2, we met at the Pike house and obtained pricing for the work which totaled $28,135. Including minor contingencies, we set a fundraising goal of $30,000.
With your generous donation, we intend to have all improvements to the house completed this summer prior to fall rush. These improvements will help the chapter to attract quality young men to Rush Pike and continue building a strong line of brotherhood. On a side note, the current chapter mortgage balance is $56,745 and will be paid off in July of 2021. With a strong chapter and paid off mortgage, Theta Upsilon will then have the capital to fund ongoing house improvements.
Gentlemen… the chapter needs our help. If we all take an honest look in the mirror, more than likely, the majority of us can say that Pi Kappa Alpha helped us to become the men that we are today as well as form some of our most memorable friendships/relationships. We ask you to take a moment and reflect on your time as an active & your “fraternity days”. Think of the great memories and the fun that you had while being an active. Pause to remember summer party, the weekly chapter meetings, rush week, homecoming, competing in intramural sports, Firemen’s Ball, and on and on it goes. In order to help Theta Upsilon regain its dominance, perpetuate what we all helped to build, & foster a new generation of Theta Upsilon Pikes, we need ALL of you to participate in this GoFundMe.
We simply ask you to consider what Pi Kappa Alpha gave to you and please donate to the best of your abilities. No donation is too small. We thank you in advance for your consideration and generosity and ask that you share this through email, text, and social media with all Theta Upsilon Alumni you have contact information for.
Greg Davenport (1990), Pete Van Hoven (1992), Jon Murillo (2012),
David McCarroll (2010), Adam Tate (2009), Lee Jones (1989), Brian Parker (1991)
DonationsSee top donations
- Paul Bradley
- James Kimbrell
- Stephen Brown
- Charles Hancock
- Scott Bonner
Fundraising team: Theta Upsilon Alumni Association (2)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more