We are the Halstead | Metroflor Addiction Crisis (HMAC) Team and our goal is to raise $500K over the next two years in order to provide scholarships to families who, otherwise, would not be financially able to help save their loved ones suffering from the growing addiction epidemic our nation faces (Substance Abuse Disorders). We have turned our efforts to this cause because it not only has affects the individual suffering from these disorders, but it ultimately tears apart the entire family.
• According to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH), an estimated 20 million Americans 12 years of age or older have used an illegal substance over the past 30 days
• In 2017, nearly 70,000 lives were lost due to addiction disorders
• Of adults ages 18-25, 1 in 5 of them now suffer from opioid addiction or other addictions
• Costs to society include $130B in lost productivity, $20B in healthcare costs, $40B in legal costs to stop the flow of drugs
• In addition to the cost to society, families suffer the ultimate costs including: spreading disease, effects on unborn children of pregnant users, crime, homelessness, family issues, and unfortunately, death
We strive to tear down the misconceptions of addiction - this is truly a DISEASE. Addiction is a brain disease; specifically the midbrain. The use of substances will initiate a massive release of dopamine (a “reward” chemical) which creates the “high” intense pleasure the addict feels and craves. Next, the substance becomes the primary focus of the midbrain and becomes more important than anything else (i.e. food, health, family, friends, faith, etc.). Eventually, the prefrontal cortex of the brain is severely damaged by the substance use. This damage results in a disconnect between the way a person thinks and acts (i.e. destructive, heartbreaking and display incomprehensible behavior). If you’ve ever heard a family member make the statement that their addicted loved one “just isn’t themselves anymore,” this is why.
In partnership with The Blanchard Institute, HMAC is committed to raising the fully tax deductible $1 million in donations through a 501c3 parthership with "Faith in Four: Recovery Recovery, Prevention, Education and Treatment." Contributions will fund scholarships to rehabilitation facilities for those in need who cannot otherwise afford treatment.
Together we will help save families through the partnership with the following:
The Blanchard Institute | https://theblanchardinstitute.com
Damascus Road | www.damascusroadrecovery.org
Genesis Ministries | www.genesisministries.org
Hope House | www.hhm.org
Thomas' Hope Foundation | https://www.thomashopes.org
Davis Direction Foundation | https://www.davisdirection.com
If interested in being a sponsor and earning exclusive perks, special statuses and additional recognition, please contact us!
If you have any questions or would like to participate in an even greater capacity, feel free to contact us at HMAC@metroflorcorp.com
501c3 partnership with Faith In Four (EIN): 83-1835470