The pilot episode goes live on September 20 and it took a lot of time and effort. I want to keep sharing the story of Ash (a gay trans man) and his friends as Ash finds himself and love, but I need money to do it because money will buy me the time. Money also means I can pay my actors because they are incredible! For now, I cannot monetize the podcast as monetization through Anchor is not yet available in Australia, so this is our option.
When I first began questioning gender, there was nothing in the media with which I could connect. Trans representation is minimal and what is out there is usually made to try to 'explain' the transgender stereotypes to a cisgender audience rather than represent the truth of being transgender - that we are people and our gender is just one part of who we are.
I began writing the Personal Best series in July 2021 with book 1 - Treading Water. When the opportunity arose to adapt the novel into a fictional podcast for a major project within my uni course, it was a no-brainer. But now, I want to keep it going and this is where I need your help!
Check out the Treading Water podcast here: https://anchor.fm/kai-parker6.
The pilot episode covers the prologue and first two chapters in the setup towards Ash's first venture into finally finding himself. Further episodes will follow the story in the novel.
If you love it as much as the cast and I do, please consider helping to keep it alive.
Here's an overview of where your funding will go:
- Creation and production of the next 2 episodes
- up to $1000 - Actors and performers (4 primary cast, several other ongoing characters, independent musicians)
- up to $500 - Audio engineering
- up to $500 - Editing
- $200/episode - Writing (script adaptation)
- $200 - Directing
- $200 - Production
- up to $100 - Artwork
- up to $100 - Admin (Casting etc)
- The remainder (minus fees) will be distributed across GoFundMe pages listed on the Project Mass Teet Yeet page - helping transgender individuals fund life-saving surgeries.