On December 18, my aunt’s home caught fire and she lost her home, her car and all her animals (3 cats and 3 dogs). The fire started in the front room of her mobile home which was due to electrical wiring in the ceiling that had shorted out. She was awoken by the smoke alarm at 2:30 am located near her room at the other end of the mobile home, and thankfully she was able to make it out herself with only a few small burns on her face. However, due to windy weather conditions this morning, the fire quickly spread to her car which was parked next to the home. By the time the local Fire Department responded, three-quarters of the home and her car was already engulfed in flames. Since she did not have insurance on her home and only liability on the car, this is to help her rebuild her life (her home and get a means of transportation).
- cheryl allison
- Jonathan Long