Hi, my name is Krista and recently have had a series of unfortunate events with my special horse, Tinker. I have owned her for 13 years and she the sweetest and smartest horse I know.
End of April she experienced eye problems and we treated them with many different ways from anti biotics to anti viral and added NSAIDS (banamine) and steroid (Dex). She was doing better but then developed Laminitis secondary to insulin resistance that with all the treatments, lush grass and not working reared it's ugly head.
While being treated for laminitis and monitoring pain she then coliced 5/26 and was seen by a vet. Through discussions it was determined going to Mid Atlantic was best course of action. The cloud boots I bought her came in handy and we took her to be seen. She had the beginning of colonitis from all the banamine she recieved for pain.
Friday it was brought to our knowledge she was exposed to a virus through nobody's fault just a freak crossing of paths from the vet that saw her thursday morning. We now are playing it super safe and keeping her at Mid Atlantic. This though adds up the vet bills quick.
So I ask if anybody could help me with this I would be so greatful. Any money that is raised over the vet bill will be put towards future vet bills for her and treatment for her laminitis.
She has recieved xrays and will be getting even more till we know she is in the clear. Also bloodwook will be done to monitor her insulin levels.
She currently is doing well and is just waiting out the quarantine.
I thank you all so very much.