Main fundraiser photo

cycling for NationalKidneyFoundatin

Donation protected
Hi! Thanks for looking at my gofundme page . I'm racing the worlds hardest and longest ultracycling race, the Red Bull Transiberian Extreme to raise awareness for The National Kidney Foundation.

Our GoFundMe Story

Sometimes life gives us challenges and sometimes we seek them out. It’s my turn to choose! My name is Thursday Gervais, I am a cancer survivor, I am an ultra-distance cyclist, and I will be the first female to race my bicycle 9224 km across Russia in 25 days, 14 stages, setting a world record. I am competing in the RedBull Trans-Siberian Extreme. It’s the world’s longest and toughest bicycle race. Twice the distance of the Race Across America, and I’m doing it solo. But here is the important part. I want to show other women and girls that there are no limits to what they can do, including ultra-distance cycling and, in the process; I will be raising money for the National Kidney Foundation and Organ Donor Awareness. Why the National Kidney Foundation? I’m taking Denile Hill, fellow cyclist, with me on this adventure as my support person. She has had a  kidney transplant and spent 12 years on dialysis awaiting the second transplant. Without the NKF Denile would not be here to support me. I need your support to cross that finish line in Vladivostok. Donations will be used in part, to get us to Russia and back, purchase items we are unable to acquire through sponsors and incidentals that may occur while we are in Russia. The majority of the money raised will go to the NKF. Please consider donating and please share our story.

Using the RBTSE as a Platform to Raise Money for The National Kidney Foundation

A partnership with a charity or cause campaign can provide a win-win-win for all involved. Example;RAAM racers raised over $2 million for over 30 charitable causes via last year’s race. These numbers, and the underlying formula for charitable
partnership, indicate an obvious opportunity for all parties!

I am excited about the growing link between RBTSE and charitable cause campaigns. One of my priorities for the upcoming race is to strengthen the relationship between the RBTSE organization and the
charitable organizations supported by myself and other racers. I want to demonstrate that RBTSE is a viable marketing platform
for the charitable organizations and offer substantial value for their causes.

For example, in 2007, Team Donate Life had 30 racers in RAAM, on 6 different racing teams, raising money and awareness in several markets across the country
prior to RAAM. During RAAM, those 6 teams, and their entourage of support, used their visibility and exposure to
spread a simple message across the country, “sign up to be an organ donor.”
In recent years, the media has been most receptive to covering the stories of racers aligned with charitable causes. By far, the
majority of coverage in recent years has been for these stories.

Charitable work is a known concept that the media can understand. The magnitude of racing non-stop across
the country is sometimes vague for the media; however, there is no mystery to the concept of people doing philanthropic work.
For example, in 2007 we saw a feature-length article covering RAAM’s progress, in a major media market, that
had no direct connection with any of the racers. However, they picked up on the compelling mission of Team Donate Life,
and reported on the RAAM as a whole, from that perspective.

The National Kidney Foundation does not incur any staff time or
resources to support me and I will bring them new monies and exposure for their mission via my participation in RBTSE.

The NKF receives a specified portion of the monies (no less than 80%, the remaining 20% will cover my race costs and entry.), I raise on their behalf. In the event I am unable to race, the NKF will be gifted 100% of the donations received . This type of fundraising, where a portion is for personal use, and the other portion is charitable, is classified by law as "commercial fundraising" and is tax deductible based on individual state laws.

I am deeply grateful to be able to combine my passion for endurance racing and helping people into one event. RBTSE redefines a bucket list item ‎and thanks to our many supporters, we were able to make a meaningful contribution to the National Kidney Foundation

The amount of effort racers put into training and race logistics and then carry that over to such strong fund raising effort is impressive. It makes an already iconic event that much more important to everybody involved, and I hope to see that continue long into the future.


Thursday Gervais Dubina
Bloomington, IL

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the GoFundMe Giving Guarantee