Just two weeks ago Steve began work at an amazing job with an awesome team. It seemed that the season of challenge had turned a corner and they would soon be on their feet again. On Thursday, August 23, unexpected tragedy hit this family when Steve's gloved hand was pulled into laminating press roller. With his hand trapped, the industrial machine slowly rolled and crushed Steve's right hand. The fast-acting help of his friends at the scene along with the speed and competence of the EMS Care Flight team was key in getting him to the emergency surgery that was required to save his mangled hand. The Surgical Specialist performed the first of what is expected to me many surgeries that will be necessary for a chance of saving Steve's right hand. The initial goals are simply to save the hand tissues so that his hand can remain attached to his body. Subsequent procedures will address the reconstruction and mobility needs once his hand health is stable and viable.
What this means for this precious family...
- Steve is still at risk of losing his hand, although as the days go on the risk are improving in his favor.
- Steve's condition is so critical that they will require a lengthy stay in the hospital with an unknown amount of surgeries and procedures.
- Every part of this injury and the treatment process has been physically agonizing levels of pain for Steve. His medical team is appropriately addressing pain management, but this is just known to be an excruciating experience despite the pain medications.
- The already financially strained family will be even more impacted as bills continue and days are uncertain.
- This family of four will have to continue with as many of life's expected activities while enduring this process towards healing.
They have asked for prayers. I am asking for friends and family to consider assisting this precious family financially as they endure another challenge that stretches them in every area. If you are able to support this family with any gift amount, these funds will bless the Thompson's in a very practical way. Thank you for reading their story, thank your prayers of comfort and healing, and thank you in advance for your generosity. God Bless.
DonationsSee top donations
- Heather Dennis
- Michelle Nelson
- Toni Holloway
- Alisa Hale
- Mark Caldwell
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more