At about 6:15 in the morning on Monday, May 30, Memorial Day, the Thomas family woke to the sound of something banging against their townhome on Lansdale Place. Looking out the upstairs window, they saw at first a murky haze, and looked down to see flames shooting up--- FIRE! The family of four, including a teen son and four year old daughter, made it out alive, but the home was quickly lost.
A conscientious family who normally would be helping neighbors take care of their lawns on a weekend, their first thought was to get the neighbors out safely. The family then watched from across the street while the entire home was consumed by flames.
Afterward, after witnessing their beautiful home, the home they had spent 15 years taking care of so diligently and worked so hard to maintain, become a charred shell, the fire fighters were able to recover a laptop and a few documents. Two photographs were saved. And that was all.
Lucky to be alive, we're raising money for this wonderful family, who have each other, but not even a fork to hold. I am a neighbor, living two houses down from this generous family, and created this campaign on their behalf. They will be the only ones to access these funds.
Please send prayers for the family and words of encouragement as well. They are very grateful for any support!