Support for baby Thomas

We are tryin to raise money to help pay for Thomas' medical bills and fill in the gap from being unable to work the past few days and days to come for upcomming doctors appointments.
On Thursday August 4th i recieved contact from our babysitter while at work that Thomas fell back while sitting on our hard wood floor and hit his head. I asked her if he was ok and she didnt think so. I told her to call 911. She did. They got there about 15 min after the incident happened. My husband and I left work and went to the hospital to be with our 8 month old baby boy. The doctor at the Ionia hospital advised us that he had a concussion and needed test. They did a head and neck ct scan. The doctor came in with the terrible little baby had 3 skull fractures. He advised us that our baby needed to be transfered to another hospital. He also said that it wasnt medically possible for him to get this major head trama from falling back from the sitting position and that he had to report this to the authorities. He said they needed to do a full body ct to check for other injuries. He came back with those results and it appeared that his ribs were broken. The ambulance then showed up and took us to the Helen Devos Childrens Hospital in grand rapids mi. Upon arriving here they wanted a pediatric radiologist to review the scans. They did blood work and full body xrays. After waiting for what seemed to be forever the neurosurgeon came in to explain the injuries. She told us that he had 3 skull fractures one of which is a depression fracture meaning it is caving in towards my babies brain. She told me my baby needed to stay the night and would need to meet with different doctors tomorrow. I stayed the night with him. My husband didnt.....he had to work the next day in order to support our family. The doctor advised us that these fractures didnt happen from the story the babysitter was giving. Then the really tough news came. She told me the broken ribs are conserning as well because they are almost healed....meaning they didnt happen at the same time. That being said we were now under investigation. Our family felt heartbroken. How could someone hurt our baby...our sweet baby. I stayed with Thomas and the hospital appointed suppervisor. The next day came and we meet with TONS of people regarding our sons health and the investigation as to how he obtained the head wounds, the older broken ribs, and a newly discovered leg fracture. My husband went to work that day (friday, aug 5) but cps, cpc, and the detective had questions for him so he had to leave right away. This day our son met with nurosurgery again they said he was doing great and that as of right now he wouldnt need surgery. They gave us a list of stuff to watch for. He met with physical, occupational, and speech therapy. They said he would need multiple outpatient follow ups becsuse he wasnt moving his extremities equally. He met with the orthopedic limbs specialist about his broken leg. They said he needs follow up scan in 12 days to determin what to do. During all of this my husband and i were told that we couldnt take our babies home...either of them. Cps placed our older son with a family member and he had to have a full abuse work up done. We were told that Thomas would be discharged as long as his pending eye exam was good. We waited the rest of the day for the eye doctor to come. My husband left to pack up things for our boys to have while staying at my sis inlaws house. Around 4:35 on friday august 5th i recieved a call from cps. He told me that we could take our boys home and that our babysitter had just admitted to THROWING my precious 8 MONTH OLD BABY!!! She THREW him. I was outraged. I told my husband the horrific news. He brought our older son in for his abuse testing. Thankfuly nothing was wrong with him. The eye dr came in about 9pm on friday. He did his test and they came back good. We thought that was it....we were released to go home. We got home late that night. The next morning we woke Thomas up about 8:30 becsuse he was still asleep. He drank his bottle and then about 9 am dad fed him his breakfast. In the middle of eating he did something strange.....he zoned out. We waved our hands, clapped, nothing got his attention. We thought mabey he was out of it from just being tired. Then around 4pm we were at our neighbors house and our neighbor was making faces at him and he was smiling and talking and then he just suddendly passed out. He was like a rag doll. When he came to he was in that zoned state again. We brought him back to Devos. They did a ct scan again. They discovered that he now has a brain bleed. Our sweet baby also started having abnormal eye movement. The neurosurgeon decided to admit him and start seizure meds. So thats where were at now. Our son Thomas, my husband, and myself are at the hospital. The plan for now is in a few hours he will have an EEG to monitor for seizure activity and an mri to check the brain bleed. We are praying those test come back well. Please pray for our sweet baby and our entire family. If you are able to leave a donation it would be appreciated soo much. If not a prayer for our family would be amazing.
Become the first supporter

Your donation matters

GoFundMe protects your donation

We guarantee you a full refund for up to a year in the rare case that fraud occurs. See our GoFundMe Giving Guarantee.

See all


Rachel Pierson
Ionia, MI

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily.

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about.

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the  GoFundMe Giving Guarantee.