The Paddle-paddle Surf Project is a French non-profit doing its best to render surfing and all its benefits more accessible to communities and youth around the globe. Our next projects: a surf school in Ghana, another one in Nigeria and deliver many places waiting for some surf equipment. You can find our surfboards in Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Ghana, Morocco, India, Brazil and in many other places.
If you have 30 min, here is a pretty cool example of what we are doing in Colombia. This is where your donation might end-up : check this video.
We collect, repair & donate surfboards
Despite the good vibes and the unconditional love for the ocean, surfing is far from being environmentally friendly. There is a lot to improve, from the conception to the recycling process. Got an old broken board? Just donate it to Paddle-paddle. We will decide if it is worth being recycled or repaired.
We boost education through surf culture and local actors
Surfing is cool, but it's not the only thing that matters. With the help from local actors, we use surfing to raise awareness on the importance of getting a proper education for a cool job for a better future. Our goal: make this planet a better place to live on.
We promote art & culture through workshops and events
Culture and art were created to tell stories and change people's perception on life (usually for the better). Because it helps to create a smarter future, we decided to include paint, music, photography, and video as the third priority in our mission.
What we will use the money for?
Each surfboard comes with 3 fins, 1 leash, 1 wax, 0 ding and sometimes 1 wetsuit.
We always make sure the donated surfboards are 100% ready to surf.
- Money will be used to help us to cover up ding repairs
- Money will be used to buy additional fins, leashes and wax if needed
- Money will be used to cover transportation fees
- Money will be used to provide what we need for our workshops and events
- Money will not be used to pay team hostels (we set up partnerships)
- Money will not be used for plane tickets (just to help us with bags fees)
- Money will not be used for any personal trip purpose (we're not that kind of person)