“Theo was born at home on February 15 12:07 am just 7 minutes past Valentine’s Day! He was home for 3 beautiful weeks before we realized something was amiss. His oxygen levels were lower than we would have liked and they continued to get a little lower every time we had a check up with the Midwife. We decided it was time to see the Pediatrician Friday March 8 where he saw the oxygen stats and thought something was wrong with his machine because Theo looked so healthy. He was eating and sleeping well with good skin coloring and breathing, he thought he heard a heart murmur but it was very light if any at all. Dr. then decided to call a cardiologist at Primary Children’s Hospital. It took a while for him to call our Dr back, so as I was breastfeeding the Dr listened to his heart again and at that point definitely heard a murmur. When the cardiologist answered and found out about the murmur, he made it known to the ER that we would be showing up soon. When we got to the ER everything happened all at once. Within one minute there were 12 people in the room working on our little Theo getting blood, oxygen level, heart rate, oxygen tubing, and testing for everything including an echocardiogram and a few hours later a CT scan.”
“The results showed that our sweet Theodore has Pulmonary Atresia with Tetralogy of Fallot, VSD and MAPCAs. This is a very rare Congenital Heart Disease. He is currently stable on a medication called prostaglandins and high flow room air. There is a surgeon in Utah that says he is confident in doing the surgery and that the surgical team has done it a handful of times every year, but my mom heart says we need to go to Stanford to a surgeon who has done this surgery over 300 times and get the very best care we can fathom. Only problem is we are waiting on insurance to pay and that have said no a couple of times, but we are working on it!”
The Mott’s have a 2 year old at home and both parents have had to completely cut out work In order to support Theo. Every bit of money raised goes to gas for the continuous drives to and from hospital, child care for their 2 year old and for the extreme possibility of having to life flight Theo to Northern California for a surgery that very likely will not be covered by insurance. Lets lift the Mott family up in support and love as they face this incredibly difficult time of unknown.