Hi, my name is Sofia Osthed.
About a year ago, my best friend Lexie Fenton passed away in a car accident along with Ethan Fraga. I would like to build a mountain biking/hiking trail in their honor.
One of the things Lexie, her twin sister Lauren, and I loved to do was mountain bike together on the Corner Canyon Mountain Biking Team. With the creation of this trail, I thought it would be nice to share something we love to do as a source of healing for everyone.
I love Lexie very much. She has a very special place in my heart. And although I wasn't very close with Ethan, I would like to include him in this because I believe it will be healing to everyone affected.
The reasons why I want to make this trail include...
1. I believe this trail will be a source of comfort for those affected by the loss of Lexie and Ethan, including family, friends, and more. I'm actually surprised at how far reaching this tragedy has affected people - even people far beyond our city of Draper, UT. This trail can become a great place to have fun and feel close to them.
2. This accident has become such a public tragedy, I think a public source of light and comfort would be very helpful and would even become a sacred place for the community.
3. I hope that Lexie and Ethan can be remembered for how I know them - for who they actually are instead of something so negative. With this trail, people can have fun and feel Lexie and Ethan's light as they enjoy things Lexie and Ethan loved to do.
I really believe this trail will bring peace into the hearts of so many people.
About the Trail:
- It is going to start off of the Red Potato Trail and end at the BST on the Corner Canyon Trails in Draper UT, which is actually just above the Fenton's and Fraga's houses.
- It is going to have an absolutely gorgeous view.
- Just off of the trail, there is a spot people can go rock climbing - which is one of Ethan's favorite things to do.
- With any surplus money, we will insert a memorial/lookout bench area and will plant wild flowers along the trail, if time permits.
What I need from you:
To build this trail, it will cost around $12,500. If you would like to contribute to the creation of this trail, donate as much or as little as you would like to this GoFundMe page.
For donations over $250 seeking a charitable deduction tax ID, please send a check out to:
Corner Canyon Trails Foundation
Attention: Lamont Smith
999 E 13200 S
Draper, Ut 84020
EIN Number: 84-1419051
DonationsSee top donations
- Rooklidge Family
- Jill Cheney
- Daniel Bowen
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more