This is not a sad story. This is a story of humanity’s courage, resilience, purpose, and love. Join us in rewriting and reclaiming the narrative.
What your funds will help us do in ONE year.
Your donation will play a role in breaking the normalization of abuse, give voice to those suffering in silence, provide community for those who are alone, and provide resources to those who need help.
If 1,000 people donate $100, this non-profit will be able to operate for a year and develop the programs below:
- Anonymous No More: A podcast series that tells the story of 24 trauma survivors and reveals the diverse and yet common occurrences of abuse against women, children, and men. These stories break the silence that stifles many people who have been abused, empowering them and listeners. Sharing these stories heal the individual and society.
- Trauma Empowerment Circles: Monthly private meetings and a global network for those who are being abused to signal for help and receive support. This breaks the harmful illusion of isolation and creates a community of belonging.
- Beautiful Wisdom: Educational programs working with physicians and therapists to share training, education, and wellness practices so that all may access steps to healing and integration. An 8-week trauma program designed to begin anyone on their path to reshaping and integrating their relationship with trauma.
- The Trauma Project Website: A beautifully illustrated, interactive and immersive web property to break the social stigma around abuse and help society redefine it's relationship to trauma.
By changing the global story and impact of trauma we reclaim the health and happiness of society.
About The Trauma Project
-The vision is a world free from abuse; emotional, physical and sexual.
-The mission is to work with those who have been abused to empower, create awareness, and build community and safe spaces.
-The purpose is to fuel a movement, a women's movement, a human rights movement, a movement to create lasting social reform and end abuse.
How you can stay involved?
You'll be added to our mailing list and kept updated once a month with our progress in the world. Feel free to unsubscribe or let us know if you'd like to be involved in our evolution.
What do we stand for?
-We stand for the safety of all bodies, minds, and hearts. We stand for the present and future of all children. We stand for abuse against all beings.
-We stand for our right and responsibility to say no to all human violations. We stand for freedom.
-We stand for pathways to progress, health, peace, and harmony.
-We stand for the Age of Courage, to heal the hardest parts there are to heal.
5 Reasons to donate?
1) Believe in Teresa
2) Believe in those who have been abused
3) Have experienced abuse and believe in yourself
4) Believe in a world free of abuse
5) Have the means and want to distribute it to places that will make a difference
Who's behind The Trauma Project?
Teresa Yung is the founder of The Trauma Project. Her life mission and purpose is to change the normalization of abuse and trauma and create a new world where support, harmony, and peace is the foundation of our relationships. When she was young, from the age of 3+, her boundaries were crossed on a regular basis and her sense of safety, trust, body, and voice were shattered. Her life’s work has been developing an intimate understanding of her journey with trauma and self-care. She has spent 10+ years working within start-up's and wellness, interweaving her skills across human and organizational development. She cares deeply for all those in the world who have also experienced abuse.
Your Donation: Tax-Deductible!
The Trauma Project is sponsored by Far Away Projects who believe in scaling grassroots solutions. By nurturing local ideas, they hope to accelerate a more sustainable and equitable future for all life on Earth. They connect organizations and individuals doing brave work in a variety of fields, with their international counterparts; in doing so, we strengthen the global community addressing resource shortages, climate change, injustice and economic challenges.
- Glenda Smith
- Alden Towler
- Claire Eisenberg
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more