I am sure by now you have heard of the 8.2 earthquake that happened off the coast of Chiapas, Mexico on September 8th 2017. We are happy to report that in Huatulco there was no major injuries or major damage. We are fortunate to have FONATUR develop the area with great building codes. Puerto Escondido and Oaxaca City also received no major damage.
Unfortunately, North of Huatulco in the Isthmus of Oaxaca is where they have been devastated by the earthquake. The town of Juchitán and surrounding area was hit the worst. We have colleagues and friends on the coast who have family who have lost everything, not to mention the loss of life. It is much worse than what has been reported or known.
You may view this New York Times article to get a better idea of the devastation.
A BIG thank you to all of those who have already donated. You have made a difference in people's lives.
A BIG thank you to all of the individuals and orginizations who have been making a differrence raising money and driving loads of supplies up into the mountians. Initial survival needs have been met with the help of many volunteers and organizations working together. It is wonderful to see so many people helping.
The current reality is people are sleeping in the streets and on soccer fields without a home to go to. They have now shelter from rain and then the hot sun. Many of these people will not have homes rebuilt for years.
A.M.P.I. Costa-Istmo Oaxaca is working with a team of architects who are volunteering their time and utilizing students to build shelters in the Isthmus. Money being raised for material only and with the help of great leaders we are banding the people of the community together to assist with building.
Their will be shelter for many people, a with bathrooms and w and provide a safe place to sleep. Once homes are rebuilt and people are able to move into their rebuilt homes the shelters will become community centers for children.
The people of Oaxaca need your help. Every dollar makes a difference. Please donate today to help provide shelter for people who have nothing.
If you have not heard of AMPI before it stands for Asociacion Mexicana De Profesionales Inmobiliarios. We are a National Real Estate Association in Mexico and are affiliated with REALTORS in Canada and the USA. I have a firm called Bayside Real Estate Huatulco and I am also a Director of AMPI Costa-Istmo Oaxaca. AMPI Costo-Istmo Oaxaca covers/operates in this specifc area of Oaxaca. We will ensure your donation will get the the people who need it the most.
We are accepting Cash Donations and appropriating them through the AMPI Costa-Istmo Oaxaca.
Alternatively, if you are in Oaxaca you may donate at the AMPI Costa-Istmo, Oaxaca Head Office.
Address: Boulevard Benito Juarez, Lote 3, Manzana 27, Fraccionamiento Rinconado, Puerto Escondio, Oaxaca, Postal Code 71983.
Or Bayside Real Estate Huatulco located in Marina Park Plaza, Blvd. Benito Juarez, Local 6 / Manzana 3 / Lote 1 / Sector L / Huatulco Mexico.
I am proud to say we have raised ober $23,000 CAD so far. This is amazing, thank you to all of the kind and considerate people out there. $20, $50, $100 goes a long way. Every donations counts no matter what the size. We also have some BIG donations, $1000 and $1500 CAD donations, we are looking for more people or business to match these numbers. Who will match these amounts?
SHARE THIS MESSAGE
A.M.P.I Costa-Istmo Oaxaca is a chapter of the National Real Estate Association A.M.P.I (Asociacion Mexicana De Profesionales Inmobiliarios) Juchitán, Oaxaca falls in our region.
We are led by Dolores Perez Islas out of Oaxaca City. We do have some outside experience helping us including Carmen Fabian, the wife to the Ambassador of Belgium, who led relief efforts after the Tsunami in Indonesia. She is assisting us with a strategy for aid. We are confident with her experience and the HELP from people like YOU we are using funds for both the short term and long term emergency planning.
If you are skeptical about charities in general and about the money reaching the right people please click the link and read it through as I have updated info to show how AMPI Costa-Istmo Oaxaca is a small well lead group being transparent with funds raised.
1) We are not a charity. We are AMPI Costa-Ismo Oaxaca, which is a division of real estate association AMPI in Mexico. We are a small and tight group who is raising money to DIRECTLY HELP the people of Oaxaca who have suffered from the 8.2 Earthquake.
2) AMPI Costa-Istmo Oaxaca covers this specific area of Oaxaca and I am a Director of AMPI Costa-Istmo. Another Director, Eric, who is an Engineer is from Juchitán, Oaxaca so we have direct ties and contacts there.
3) The deposits I send to our AMPI Costa-Istmo Oaxaca account in Puerto Escondido are being Notarized by Notary 115 of Huatulco Mexico.
4) We are a very small network of people from me to where the supplies are handed out, all within our AMPI Costa-Istmo Oaxaca division.
5) We do have outside experience helping us. Carmen Fabian, the wife to the Ambassador of Belgium, who led relief efforts after the Tsunami in Indonesia. We are confident with her experience and people like YOU donating we will be successful planning and using funds for both short term and long term emergency planning.
6) We are not only looking to assist people in the short term to with the basics of food, water and medicine but also long term with medicine and temporary and eventually permanent shelters and homes.
Please HELP OAXACA, thank you in advance for your assistance.
SHARE THIS MESSAGE
AMPI Costa-Istmo, Oaxaca
DonationsSee top donations
- sue and joe drenters
- Susan Thompson
- Frank Landeros
- Janet Cant
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more