THE OCTOPUS MOVEMENT
is a global coalition of non-linear thinkers 1) and multipotentialites 2) united by a desire to create positive change in the world.
The world is over-specialised. We live in a society dominated by lineair specialists who tend to want to put everyone into a box. But many non-linear thinkers can’t be or don’t want to be defined by a single label on a single box or they simply can’t. We are here to drive acceptance and awareness of the awesome abilities of atypical thinkers (children and adults) and embed our diverse experience, expertise, and polymathic skills inside institutions ready and willing to tackle the trickiest challenges of today and tomorrow.
1) Non-linear thinking is thinking along unconventional, atypical lines or in a non-sequential manner. In non-linear thinking, people make connections between seemingly unrelated concepts. Non-linear thinkers draw conclusions and develop ideas, solutions, and innovations from experience gained in a variety of different fields. And they are more likely to innovate in surprising and world-changing ways.
2) Multipotentiality is a psychological and educational term used to describe people who display aptitudes across multiple disciplines. Multipotentialites are generally bright, driven individuals who have a diverse skill set (as opposed to simply diverse interests), and an increased capacity to learn. They have a unique way of seeing the world and are known to possess strong intellectual and creative curiosity as well as an above-average IQ.
HOW DO WE DO IT?
1. We support non-linear thinkers and utilise their broad expertise to become a driving force for positive change in the world.
2. We generate global awareness about, and acceptance of, non-linear thinkers who don’t always fit the boxes society wants to place them in.
3. We manage a global network of brilliant minds across a broad spectrum of backgrounds, race, education, religion, political views, age, gender, etc.
WHO ARE WE?
WHAT ARE WE DOING? TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
Awareness and Education
We believe non-linear thinkers are an underrecognised ands under-utilised resource. Our goal is to create awareness and acceptance of non-linear thinkers worldwide. Areas where we will have the most impact include education, HR, relationships, innovation, creativity, the environment and world peace. We teach at schools, we have debates on social media, we advice companies, we support innovation, we connect to create peace.
The Octopus Community
A global support network for multipotentialites and other non-linear thinkers.
Most education systems are designed solely to the advantage of linear thinkers. For children, in particular, this is not always the best way to learn - Covid lockdowns and homeschooling proved this to parents worldwide. We advocate for are positive changes and reform.
The Octopus Think Tank
A select group of non-linear thinkers from all over the world who are available to help tackle the tricky problems of today and tomorrow.
WITH CARE FOR
We need innovation to change how we handle the climate, we need to think outside the box and use the global nonlinear power to make a difference. We create free-to-use innovation for everybody who wants to take action.
Many conflicts are based on linear judgements, we need to show and connect how we can treat each other in a different nonlinear way. We connect nonlinear people to show an example and inspire others to do the same.
To solve the hunger in the world we need to take action in a different way. We will use our global impact to combine forces of all the individual nonlinear thinkers to create solutions. We share new ideas to solve hunger.
Too many people are trying to fit their nonlinear thinking (2.3 billion) into a linear world. This is difficult and creates lots of stress and burnout. We create nonlinear awareness
When the parents are not aware of the quality of differences, parents could try their children to steer them into a linear pattern. This could develop a trauma within the development of a child. We teach parents how to support nonlinear thinking with their children.
The world is trying to learn children from a young age to adjust into linear thinking, we challenge the education system to expand their way of working towards more nonlinear systems.
The best way for the world to communicate within all layers of society is true art. The inspiration to discover within your own understanding how something can be created is true art. We want to inspire the world with art.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
With your contribution, we can make a difference for the future of the planet and for 2.3 billion nonlinear thinkers. Together, we will grow our movement to drive acceptance and awareness of the awesome abilities of atypical thinkers and embed our diverse experience, expertise, and polymathic skills inside institutions ready and willing to tackle the trickiest challenges of today and tomorrow.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
You can help us by making a philanthropic investment. So we can use 100% of your money where it’s needed most on programs to support where we stand for and where we can make a huge impact into people's lives. Work with us to build a collaborative and measurable partnership to make a difference. It would help us a lot and is so much, much appreciated.
For more information,
please contact our Move & Develop team