Father with kidney failure left to raise two young boys after mother tragically passes away. This is an urgent call to help him find a kidney donor and seek support for their young family!
This young family has recently experienced an unimaginable tragedy with their mother and wife, Jenna, unexpectedly passing away.
Jenna’s husband, Nishant, and their two small children (Oscar, 4 and Leo, 2) now need the love and support from the community to navigate through the hard months ahead. They live in Springfield, VA. We are urgently mobilizing support to meet two objectives, and deeply appreciate your help towards either or both causes:
1) Raise money to ease this difficult time of transition for the family. Your support can help them purchase prepared meals, or access supplemental child care so Nishant can focus on his own immediate medical needs and counseling.
2) Help Nishant find a suitable living kidney donor, so he can give all his attention to parenting.
Nishant suffers with kidney failure and has been on the Kidney Waitlist for over 5 years. His condition was a result of a rare side effect from a medication.
Nishant is on a rigorous daily schedule that starts with a manual dialysis process every evening, followed by automated dialysis support that continues for 8-9 hours through the night. He then has just enough time to get ready for work and commute to his full time job, which thankfully he has been able to continue through the hardships of his condition. However, the situation is now much more extreme, as he needs to continue this process while being the sole provider and caretaker for his family.
The only long term solution for this family is for Nishant to find a living kidney donor. Family and friends have been screened with no success, unfortunately. One selfless volunteer did get to the last stage of testing before it was determined that she was not a viable match. We urgently need your support now to help increase our chances of finding that match—this young family’s survival depends on it!
Please continue reading for more information on the screening process and finding out if you might be able to give this family the ultimate gift of life and survival.
1. Nishant Menon has kidney failure, is on dialysis and needs a kidney!
2. His blood type is O+. But even if yours isn't, you can still donate!
3. To find out if you're a viable donor, call the Johns Hopkins Transplant Center at [phone redacted], or click here for more info.
4. Please share this page with everyone you know - the more people who see it, the better!
A few Kidney Facts:
• You don’t need to have a matching blood type to donate. For situations where the donor/recipient are not compatible, “kidney paired exchange” programs allow these donors to be paired and matched with other incompatible pairs.
• To learn more about the matching process read here .
• For more information about kidney paired exchanges, read here .
• Medical expenses relating to the transplant are paid by Nishant’s insurance company (Kaiser Permanente)
• Donors could be reimbursed for lost wages and we will pay for travel expenses.
If you would like to learn more about the donation process, please email Nishant ([email redacted]) and he would be happy to discuss it in detail with you. You can also read more on his Facebook page here .
Nishant is working with Johns Hopkins Comprehensive Transplant Center, ranked in the top five percent of all the kidney/pancreas transplant programs in the world.
If you are interested in becoming a living donor, call Johns Hopkins Living Donor Program at [phone redacted]. They can answer questions (confidentially) and coordinate donor activity. Please feel free to pass this information along to your family members and/or friends. Telling them about his situation will raise awareness and the increase the potential of finding a compatible donor.
We greatly appreciate your support and concern!
DonationsSee top donations
- Ken LeVasseur
- Julie Munson
- Laura Amundson
- Mary Rose L
Fundraising team (4)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more