On the morning of February 21, 2018, the unthinkable happened as a fire tore through the 2ND floor of their apartment building leaving Kalae, Joy, Jarea, and their fur babies Storm and Beast, without the place they called home for 7 years. Everyone made it out safely and for that we will be eternally grateful. The material things can be replaced. The memories of their home on Iliahi Street in Nuuanu will forever be in their hearts, on their hard drives, and in photo albums. The friendships they made will last forever. The Honolulu Fire Department did an excellent job of containing the fire to the fire floor, however, all their belongings were drenched, most beyond repair. And what water hasn't damaged, mold and mildew are sure to set in. The American Red Cross and their compassionate volunteers provided some money for clothes for tonight. The Hongwanji Mission School blessed them with lunch and drinks. Neighbors, family, and friends came to their immediate aid. Blessings have poured out all around and for that we are grateful. We serve an awesome God! But now, with a heavy heart and tear-filled eyes, I humbly ask you for any amount of money you can give so we, as a family, can help Kalae and Joy find a new home where they can make new memories for Jarea, Storm, and Beast. We salvaged as much as we could but it wasn't even a fourth of their belongings. We will also be accepting furniture, household goods, clothing, and footweat as nearly everything is a loss. And as always, lots and lots of prayers are needed, welcomed, and very much appreciated. Mahalo mahalo mahalo Contact Jenn to schedule pick ups and drop offs.