Tip to Toe - for Aussie at-risk wildlife
Hi team, I’m Erchana.
Thanks for stopping by!
Tip to Toe 2022 is working in collaboration with the Wilderness Society to put the spotlight on Australia’s extinction crisis!
I'm running a marathon every day, making my way from the tip of mainland Australia (Cape York) to the toe (Melbourne) to spread a very important message - Extinction is a CHOICE. That's right, 150 consecutive marathons to be the voice for our native animals.
Our GOAL to raise $62,000 will go a MASSIVE way into preserving the parks and ecosystems that home our treasured animals and to ensure they are still around when our children are.
That's $10 for every kilometre I run to save our wildlife!!
Your support in sponsoring a number of kilometres I can run from Cape York to Melbourne will drive this initiative forwards, one km at a time!
Did you know that our most Iconic Aussie Mates are currently at risk of extinction? Yep, I’m talking about the Leadbeater's Possum, Gang-Gang Cockatoo and even the Koala! Every native animal that appears on the flag for each State and Territory I run through is on the endangered list. How have we let this happen?
We will be visiting schools, community groups and local clubs, as well as using the power of social media and film to share our message.
Funds raised from Tip to Toe will go towards:
- Educating communities on acting on the extinction crisis before we lose Aussie biodiversity.
- Supporting the Wilderness Society's work to see Australia’s nature protected.
- Advocating towards protecting our natural ecosystems and the incredible wildlife within them.
- Promoting awareness of the extinction crisis to Australian animals as well as the work of grassroots environmentally-focused programs through film.
If you’re not able to donate, no worries! There are plenty of other ways you can help our important cause that is equally impactful.
- Share our story!
- Start a conversation about the threats to the local wildlife in your community.
- Contact your local MP about their plans for protecting local wildlife
- Volunteer to clean up parks and waterways. Check out: https://www.wilderness.org.au/work/movement-for-life
- Plant native trees
- Keep your beloved cat indoors where possible, especially at night.
- Minimising single-use plastics.
These actions have very real, direct impacts on our endangered and at-risk wildlife and are a great example of PEOPLE POWER!
But if you can drop some dollars in, thanks a bunch!
See you on the road.
Learn more about our at-risk Aussie icons: https://features.wilderness.org.au/animal-icons
Learn more about Tip to Toe: tiptotoe2022.com
Learn more about Wilderness Society: www.wilderness.org.au
DonationsSee top donations