Friends of The Larking House,
As we round out the 2022/2023 season, we are looking ahead to what the future holds for our rapidly growing company.
As a home for emerging artists, our first and foremost priority in our funding is to provide as many paid opportunities for actors, directors, writers and designers as possible. This past year, with the help of our generous donors, we were able to pay every artist that worked on our core productions.
This year, we are looking to raise a minumum of $4,000 to help kick off our 2023-2024 season and the baseline operating costs that come with it, such as:
- Paying our company members for their time and talents
- Funding for the first show of our season
- Website Maintenence & domain costs
- Grant writing services to aid in the future funding of our company as we expand
We are so excited to embark on our second full season of programming! Season announcements will be made publicly in the next month, but you can expect to look forward to:
- At least TWO BRAND NEW PLAYS written by emerging writers
- Fresh and inspired takes on classical favorites
- The return of our acclaimed SPEAKEASY SERIES
- Our Playwright's Intensive EXPANDED with more in-person opportunites for local playwrights
- & Several new programs designed to increase our community engagement and provide an array of opportunities for emerging artists.
To thank donors for their generosity, any donation of $100 or more will recieve 2 complimentary tickets to every show of our season & a shoutout on our website.
The Larking House and the artists that reside here could not do even hope to pursue this craft without the incredible support of members of our community like you.
Thank you for your generosity, time and consideration.
Executive Artistic Director