Many uninsured small/micro businesses have been destroyed in Kwa-Zulu Natal during the recent violence and looting.
As a registered NPO, The Peace Agency is inviting those who have R5k, R10k, R20k, R50k etc in investments, savings, or retirement funds, to consider drawing an amount and giving it to a business to rebuild itself. This will not be a loan. It will be community/citizens insurance payment.
We are also inviting community groups such as faith-based organisations, stokvels, schools, businesses, exercise clubs, book clubs etc to get got together and each contribute a smaller amount to save a local business in their area of KZN for the benefit of the whole community. If you are elsewhere in South Africa or abroad, we can identify a business in need on your behalf.
The Peace Agency is a registered Durban, Kwa-Zulu Natal based Non-Profit and Public Benefit Organisation with over a decade of experience in the social development space. Whilst our specific mandate is orphans and vulnerable children, we are positioned to facilitate social justice/restoration projects under our auspices.
The project is immediate and will be run as follows:
• Detailed due diligence will be done on prospective SMME's to identify the real need.
• We will work in partnership with the iLembe Chamber of Commerce and Industry and other Chambers around KZN, to assist with identification of businesses in need.
• We will facilitate a mentorship process to ensure best use of the funds.
• We will project manage each investment, ensuring transparent accounting and a detailed report for each donor on the business they have restored.
• Funds will be used for infrastructure and stock and where possible, will be paid directly to suppliers.
- Lene Nielsen
- Sine Nielsen
Your donation matters
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more