Every Saturday since August 2020 the International Mahayana Institute (IMI) has been organizing a 24h Prayerathon for all victims of the Covid19 pandemic. This incredible project is aimed towards relieving the suffering of those who have lost their lives, those in danger of losing their lives, health care workers and those affected by emotional, economic and negative social consequences.
The IMI Sangha are conducting these 24 hours of prayer every week following the advice of Kyabje Lama Zopa Rinpoche. These prayers are regarded as very powerful. Once, in the old Tibet, there was an epidemic spreading from one person to another at the great seat of the Glorious Sakya Monastery. Whatever the mantric masters tried (like making tormas, medicines, mantras, protection-amulets and so forth) had no effect and the monastery was in danger of annihilation. At that time, the Great Lord Mahasiddha [Thangtong Gyalpo] performed the “space refuge”, recited a number of mani mantras and proclaimed this prayer, after which the entire epidemic immediately ceased in dependence upon its performance. Thereby, it became renowned as the Vajra Speech Radiating Masses of
clouds of Blessing Entitled “The Prayer Liberating Sakya from Disease”.
All the Prayerathon's immensely beneficial work is being led by the monks and nuns of the IMI voluntarily. To continue their efforts and improve on the quality of the service moving forward we need your help to raise €6000!
Where will the money go?
This fundraising will help support our on-going equipment and IT costs. The funds raised will be used for:
- VISA costs for our IT lead in the Chenrezig Institute in Australia
- Upgrading our hosts’ equipment (computer, microphones, cameras)
- Improving internet connections (dish, cables, set up)
- Contributing towards monthly internet and Zoom costs
- Supporting the people behind the Prayerathon
- Enabling monks and nuns without the required funds, internet connection or equipment to participate
The money is being raised by Matthew McArthur, a volunteer and student at Nalanda, on behalf of Ven. Tendar, IMI Director.
About the International Mahayana Institute
The International Mahayana Institute (IMI) is a community of Buddhist monks and nuns of the Foundation for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition (FPMT). Lama Zopa Rinpoche is the current Spiritual Director and Abbott of the IMI. Lama Thubten Yeshe, the founder of FPMT, established the IMI in 1973 in order to develop a community of nuns and monks where we would not only be cared for, but where we would also take care of each other.
Please help the Prayerathon continue by donating and joining us every Saturday!
You can visit the Prayerathon's page here on the IMI website: https://imisangha.org/prayers/
Thank you in advance for any contribution that is possible :)
Find out more
- Prayerathon: https://imisangha.org/prayers/
- International Mahayana Institute (IMI): https://imisangha.org/
- Foundation for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition (FPMT): https://fpmt.org/
- Chenrezig Institute, Australia: https://www.chenrezig.com.au/
- Lama Yeshe Wisdom Archive: https://www.lamayeshe.com/
- Lama Zopa Rinpoche homepage: https://fpmt.org/teachers/zopa/
Where the Sun of Love and Compassion always shines,
And Blessed Nectar freely flows.
Have a Buddhaful Day
And a Dharma Good Time.
DonationsSee top donations
- Matthew Stukalin
- Janis Kirker
- Beth Lee Simon
- Katia Di bernardini
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more