THAT THING with Rich Appel
"THAT THING with Rich Appel" is the weekly radio program that's all about The Best Hits Ever and The Most Fun Anywhere.
We feature the greatest hits of the 60s, 70s and a smidge of the 80s, with some coloring outside the lines, but we don't stop there. We present this music in the 'classic top-down top 40 sound,' with era-matching jingles, classic commercials, special features and energetic host (that would be me).
I'd like to think "THAT THING" stands out compared to all other weekend programming, with:
* humor and storytelling
* matching events, birthdays and holidays on each show date to specific songs
* features like "The World's Shortest Countdown" and "The Slow-Dance Make-Out Song of the Week"
* specials like our Class Reunions, the "WOW! 100" countdown and lots more.
Other weekly radio shows simply play these songs, but "THAT THING" goes the extra mile to make our listeners smile and maybe even laugh, as well as sing along and dance.
What really counts is what everyone else thinks about "THAT THING." You can read what station owners, programmers, talent and, most important, listeners have said, at https://www.thatthingshow.com/quotables.
If you haven't yet heard "THAT THING," we've made that easy:
* There's a 3-minute "crash course" that automatically plays when you visit our website, http://thatthingshow.com - where you can also find out everything about the show.
* There's a schedule organized by weekend day, time and stations, most of which stream our show, at https://www.thatthingshow.com/listen-guide.
* You can hear complete shows at https://www.mixcloud.com/ThatThingWithRichAppel.
"THAT THING" airs on nearly 100 radio stations worldwide, none of which pay to run it. That's because programs are generally given to stations in exchange for airing the advertising that's part of the program. While I receive a percentage of that advertising revenue, it isn't nearly enough to cover the costs of creating and maintaining the show.
While it takes good equipment, an effective website and great jingles to bring THAT THING to life every week, what it also takes is time: Not just the time to research, write and record the show, but also to find new stations to carry it. With little money coming in, this is why I'm asking your help to keep our show going, so I can continue to entertain listeners worldwide every weekend.
If you like "THAT THING" and want to be sure it's there every weekend - as it has been since December 2014 - please consider making a donation of any amount. $10? Great. $100? Terrific. $500? Astounding. Your support and generosity will make all the difference. In fact, it already has made a difference, as THAT THING is now nationally syndicated with more listeners than ever.
Thank you. And I'll see you this weekend.
DonationsSee top donations
Your donation matters