Tevita Bryce Road To Recovery

We are fundraising for Tevita Bryce , 
Who suffered a major heart attack and stroke at 28 years old. This occurred in the middle of the rugby field. Trained players from the opposing team began CPR and thankfully they had a AED on site  to bring him back and keep him alive long enough for the first responders to arrive. 28 minutes of cardiopulmonary resuscitation and lost his pulse multiple times. I am very happy to say he is alive and is ICU at St. Clares denville hospital. Doctors and first responders it’s a true miracle he’s alive. 

Background on Tevita

  Tevita Bryce played Rugby for his entire life. Born in the small island of Tonga, he migrated to New Zealand with his mother at 4 yrs old. After his last year year of high school in New Zealand he received a Rugby scholarship to play at Rissho University in Sairama, Japan. 

He then graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Welfare and Rehabilitation . He then got  a professional contract to play for the Akita Northern Bullets in Akita, Japan. 

Two years later he meet my sister Ashley in Japan and they got married after doing long distance  for a year. He received a new offer to play professional rugby in Canada. That year they got married here in the US, but 2 days after they signed at the court house his mother was diagnosed with Colon and Stomach Cancer. He Dropped everything. They ended having No wedding reception, left his life behind in Japan and  gave up his Canada contract to go be with his mom and  siblings back in New Zealand. He Dumped everything he had into Chemo and a experimental drug for cancer when he found out she had stage 4 cancer But eventually after a year  she lost her battle. 

Tevita received his Green-card to move himself, my sister and their 16 month old son to the US in July with little to nothing to try and begin their new life in America. 

Why we need your help

Tevita has only been working for 4 weeks in the US and his insurance benefits have not kicked in yet. He will be in the hospital for at least 4-7 days. He will be out of work for 5-7 weeks. They operated to clear the artery in his groin, then moved all the way up to his heart. He had another Heart Attack on the operation table and flat lined and brought back AGAIN after 4 shocks with the AED. He’s a fighter. Still running more test for any damage due to oxygen loss and checking all other arteries. Will be a long road to recovery but thankfully he’s alive. Thank you for reading and please donate to get an extraordinary man back to his family


  • Douglas Ferris
    • $25 
    • 2 yrs
  • Mark Keown
    • $250 
    • 2 yrs
  • Lomitusi Sasi
    • $450 
    • 2 yrs
  • Catherine Kennedy
    • $100 
    • 2 yrs
  • Nada Camali
    • $5,000 
    • 2 yrs

Organizer and beneficiary

Lopeti Tu’ipulotu
Totowa, NJ
Ashley Tuipulotu

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily.

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about.

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the  GoFundMe Giving Guarantee.