Teddy Lu's Treatment Fund


Everyone who knows me can attest that Teddy Lu is the light of my life and means more to me than anything. I would sell my kidney if I knew how or could to save him. Most everyone who meets him, falls in love with him. In fact, Teddy is the only dog my niece, a 3 year old who is terrified of dogs, will touch or allow to be near her. She is actually obsessed with him and follows him everywhere! He is an incredibly sweet, smart, and playful 4 year old Pomeranian. Unfortunately, Teddy’s life is in danger and unless I can afford to keep him in the ICU a bit longer and do his treatment, he will most likely die. However, his prognosis is incredibly good if he is able to stay there. This is urgent and any help, even just spreading the word or a few dollars, is greatly appreciated.

TLDR What Happened:
Teddy started having seizures, I took him to the vet, then the ER twice before being transferred to a specialist where he was put under for an MRI and spinal tap. They noticed his blood was thin so they retested, and his red blood cells were down 50% from the day before. He was then transferred to the ICU to receive care, meds, and blood transfusions.

What Happened:

9:00 A.M. December 16th, Teddy Lu had his first seizure. He had just finished two weeks of antibiotics and apoquel from a skin infection he got from a flea while visiting home. I did give him a preventative, but unfortunately that doesn’t stop them from biting. I woke up to a scream coming from Teddy who I found in a weird position in his bed. He had urinated and for a few minutes he acted strange, refused treats. I started to put on my shoes to go to the vet, and he popped out of it, and went back to his normal wide eyed, bushy tail self. I decided to put him on the bed and closely monitor him, and by 12:30 P.M. he had another seizure, and I rushed to my Vet. He had bloodwork done and he was monitored, but I was told I needed a specialist and since he was stable, getting an appointment immediately would be impossible. I took him home with some instructions to try to make it to that appointment. However, I ended up taking him back to the ER that night because he started to have more than one seizure in an hour, still no one could tell me anything, but they started him on an anticonvulsant. He continued to have seizures after taking him home from the ER with every episode taking him longer and longer to recover. I awoke at 9:00 a.m. December 17th, to give him his second dose of anticonvulsant and Teddy was not himself. He then proceeded to have two more seizures. At this point, I’m balling my eyes out on the phone with ER, I’ve already spent a decent amount of money. Something is killing my dog and no one could tell me anything! Anyhow, I rushed him to a bigger ER on their suggestion, and he actually got seen by the neurologist/specialist I had made an appointment with later that week. He was put under to have an MRI and spinal tap. Because of an abnormality, he was unable to get the spinal tap. However, the doctor noticed his blood was thin.

His blood work revealed his red blood cells were down 50 percent from yesterday. Furthur test, showed it was his own immune system attacking his cells. They believe he has Immune-Mediated Hemolytic Anemia which is very treatable, but he will have to remain in the ICU and receive blood transfusions until his body can stabilize from the meds. He can potentially even be back to normal in 4-6 months! Unfortunately, the vet visits and diagnostic test were incredibly expensive, and continuing his treatment will be as well.

Current Condition:
Teddy is currently in the ICU. He has already had one blood transfusion and I am just praying he doesn’t have any complications through the night or rest of his treatment.

The $5,000 would most likely be enough to cover most of the vet bills, tests and procedures. He has already racked up around $3000.00 before he was transferred to the ICU. He will also need to be rechecked and on meds for months. None of that money would go towards anything else, and I will probably still pay some out of my own pocket with that. However, I would be happy with any portion of that. My biggest fear is if his condition gets worse, and I'm out money, credit, or options. Not to mention, this is the worst time financially for me. Vets aren’t obligated to help save your pet the way human doctors are. If you can’t pay for everything up front, they will turn you away. I couldn't bare to lose Teddy, and I am doing everything is my power to stop that from happening.

If there is anything you can do, big or small, it would mean the world to me and Teddy Lu!

If you want to see more pictures of Teddy you can visit my instagram, it's pretty much all Teddy.

Here are some of the bills that I've covered with credit or out of pocket:
  • Anonymous 
    • $25 
    • 45 mos
  • Mitch Coppersmith 
    • $15 
    • 48 mos
  • Solomon Abas 
    • $25 
    • 48 mos
  • Orcun Ozerdem 
    • $20 
    • 48 mos
  • Eugenia Su 
    • $10 
    • 48 mos
See all


Caitlin Shloush 
Las Vegas, NV
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more