A message from Dee- 

On February 7th  Paul  had a seizure on his job causing him to fall and damage his spinal cord and losing most his fine motor skills. He was rushed to Huntsville Hospital and was immediately placed in Intensive Care Unit where he stayed until he was scheduled to have Laminoplasty (spinal cord surgery). On February 12th  surgery was performed and he stayed in Huntsville Hospital until he was moved to Health South Rehabilitation Center. At this point Paul was basically paralyzed he was unable to do anything for himself. After being at HealthSouth for only a few days on February 19th he complained of having problems breathing, they did an MRI and discovered he had a blood clot in his lungs and he was rushed immediately back to Huntsville Hospital. Because of just having the spinal cord surgery they were unable to put him on a blood thinner so at that point the only option was another surgery to put an IVC filter in.
The next day he had the IVC filter placed he spent a couple more days there at Huntsville Hospital and then was moved back to Health South. Paul did rehabilitation at Health South for over a month where he had to learn to do everything all over again. Paul worked so hard and was so dedicated to getting back to himself so that he could support his family and get back to the thing that brought  him here—-soccer! On March 23rd(Good Friday) Paul was released from Health South but would continue rehab daily at Huntsville Hospital Physical Therapy. Paul’s family was glad to have him home after being hospitalized for over a month but, they knew the work had just began.” After finally getting back in  the groove of things his Vascular doctor decided that it was time to remove the IVC filter because it was no longer needed so, on May 31st he had another surgery to get it removed unfortunately it was unsuccessful. After looking at the long-term risks of the having the filter stay in Paul decided that it was important to get it out and requested for a referral. With now 3 surgeries in just 3 months Paul was still determined to get it removed, so on August 6th
he was scheduled for the 4th and final surgery and this time it was a success. Because of insurance purposes Paul was only allotted so many therapies in a year but, he continues to work-out 7 days a week at Huntsville Hospital Wellness Center where he received a  3-month scholarship. After depleting his short-term disability and the doctors estimating him out of work at least another 3 months Paul had 2 options. He could either switch to long term and be terminated or take a leave of absence without pay! Paul and his wife decided the Leave of Absence was  the best decision for them at that time. Paul has made lots of improvements during his therapy he went
from being wheelchair bound to know walking, he’s able to feed himself, and go to his son’s soccer
game what he calls “His Peace in the Storm. Paul’s wife went back and forth taking him to doctor’s
appointment and physical therapy daily from March until July along with working full time, going to school, and taking care of the kids. So as part of their family we would like to support them by allowing our friends and family donate to the well being, financial burdens, and help keep this family—most of all Paul with his eyes on a full recovery. We know our community can help ease this burden until he has reached that recovery mark!


The Musoke’s

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily.

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about.

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the  GoFundMe Giving Guarantee.