Team Rachael

Twelve years ago at the age of (19) Rachael Genelin was diagnosed with a  rare brain tumor.  After sucsessful surgeries and various treatment options, Rachael recieved a clean bill of health. With continual checkups and monitoring, Rachael was able to resume a normal life.

Tradgically, while on a camping trip with her boyfriend Mike in Wyoming on Monday August 21st she began to exhibit reoccuring syptoms.  After being carried down the mountain, and airlifted to University Hospital in Salt Lake City, Utah, an MRI had revealed that the tumor has grown back and wrapped itself around the brain stem. Surgery, although a success  was only able to remove  85% of the tumor, leaving the 15% that was wrapped around the stem.  

As of today Wednesday August 30, 2017 Rachael is still at University Hospital in Salt Lake City Utah, and will undergoing intense physical therapy before she will be moved back to the Chicagoland area, where she will undoubtedly begin an aggressive chemo and or radiation treatment to remove the remaining 15% of the tumor.

Obviously Rachael is unable to work, at this time we are coming together to help Rachael with the overmounting  medical bills and expenses  that will easily be mounting as she tries for the second time in (12) years to fight this tumor.

Roman Financial has graciously committed to match the first $10,000.00 of contributions.     

Thank you for your generosity, and please keep Rachael in your prayers and thoughts.

Donations ()

  • Debra Gordon 
    • $100 
    • 27 mos
  • Patricia Jones 
    • $100 
    • 28 mos
  • Nikki Hollady 
    • $50 
    • 29 mos
  • Linda Schield 
    • $500 
    • 29 mos
  • Maria Rogaris 
    • $500 
    • 29 mos
See all

Organizer

Joe Stueber 
Organizer
Thiensville, WI
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more