For everyone who knows me, it has been on my heart to go to Japan since I was in middle school. Many have told me the easiest ways to get to Japan but I wanted to go in a way that I could really positively impact lives while in Japan. God had placed the Japanese people on my heart and continued to do so into college. He has finally opened a door for me.
Here is why I am going:
- To teach English to Japanese students and families
- To help support Japanese brothers and sisters
- To show the love of Christ to the Japanese people by buildling relationships and connecting families with local churches.
Here's what I need;
- $1600 for insurance (must be paid for before I leave)
- $1200 for the plane ticket
- $300 for the 1st month while I'm in Japan
My expected to leave timeframe is at the end of August.
This is more than a fun trip for me. This is a growing experience and a possible door for many more oppurtunities. I made many Japanese friends and have had the oppuritnity to share the love of Christ with students and families, many of whom are excited to see me again in Japan.
I already have $700 raised as of right now. I'm praying and still saving but I know I can't do it on my own. Please pray with me and give as you feel led. Every little bit helps!
Thank you everyone for loving and supporting me thus far! ^-^
- John Jarvis
- Anna Hesson
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more