As a teacher, I know first hand how daunting it can be walking into a government funded classroom. You are given the essentials: furniture, pencils, some board issued resources, and well, that's about it. To be honest, I forgot how much of it I purchased over the years until I went to pack up my classroom for the first time in 6 years. As I looked around, I realized that pretty much every single item on the wall, in the cupboards, and tucked away in the drawers was purchased with my money. Thousands of dollars spent simply so I can do my job: educating our youth, our future.
The problem with the lack of school supplies is an ongoing issue that doesn't seem to be getting any better over time. So when I heard about the #clearthelists campaign that is taking off in the US I had to be a part of it and bring it to Canada... let's make this international!! Together, we can make a difference- let's #CLEARTHELISTS for these amazing teachers!
If you would like your Amazon wish list to be considered, please:
- Leave your list URL in the comment section on my Instagram photo
- Keep your list to $300 maximum so we can help more teachers
- Only include educational items. No lap tops, coffee machine, gift cards etc.
- Add your name, the grade you teach, and the name of your school to the comment. We are verifying teachers before clearing your list!
- Make sure there is a shipping address linked to your list.
We'll clear as many of them as we can! Here are other ways to help:
- Donate to this campaign!
- Share with your friends and family to get the word out and raise more donations - use the hashtags #clearthelist and #clearthelists
I'm withdrawing this money to my personal bank account and then turning right around and using it to make all the Amazon purchases.
Last , if you're a teacher who has had your list cleared, we'd LOVE to see some pictures of your classroom. Please post them with a comment below so everyone can see- don't forget to tag me @teachme_style
so that I can share them on my account!