On December 7, 2017, this hard working teacher was in a meeting with a colleague when she smelled something funny. She walked around and checked things out. She even felt the outlets. She couldn't figure it out. Maybe it was outside? She told the person she was supervising that she would look more after their meeting. She continued helping the teacher she was speaking to. Shortly after, she realized the house was on fire. It appears the fire began in the attic. It then went to her mother's room. Luckily, her mom was awake and she was able to get out along with Than's daughter and animals. Her mom's room was the first to go and then the rest. The house is unlivable. The walls that are intact are blackened and water logged.
Than and her family have lost everything except their spirits, but those are a little dim. They will need funding to help them with a place to live and all the essentials. They literally lost everything: all of their clothes, brushes, furniture, food, bedding, etc. All of the things we take for granted. Please help Than and her family recover a little easier from this devastation by donating and helping out.
DonationsSee top donations
- Charon Emilcar
- Rebecca Garro
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more