Help Taylor bounce back from Right Foot Amputation

*UPDATED 3/15/21*:
“Hey everyone!! Thank you so very much to all those who have already donated. I am so Very Grateful. I am also sorry that I haven’t updated this fundraiser, I’ve been very busy making all this happen!
Since making this fundraiser in January, a lot has happened/ transpired!
-Right Foot was successfully amputated 2/17/21 with only 1 night stay in hospital!
-I secured a place to stay for the first 3 weeks (motel 6) while healing initial wounds.
-Stitches came out 3/4/21 with no problems!
-I bought a trailer for a good price, in good clean condition for me and Molly to live in during these changing times in lieu of having to continue to pay a lot for motel rooms awaiting hopeful prospects of apartments, that are scarce up here as it is.
-I have secured a place to park the trailer with hookups and paid rent thru 5/1/21 in Truckee, very close to all my resources!
(Most of this accomplished , solo, on one foot )
So now after a lot of money spent to Motel 6, groceries (vitamins, CBD, wound care, etc) to date, and all other needs during and leading up to this recovery I am finding myself with only enough to get some groceries to hopefully last the month.. 
SO.
I have raised my goal to $25,000 
I will not be able to work again, as I am currently 1 footed awaiting prosthetic, until (hopefully) mid to end of June 2021.
ANYTHING HELPS.
I am SO grateful, REALLY.
Thank you so much for reading this, and in advance for any help you may find that you can offer :) ❤️“

***ORIGINAL TEXT:
Hello All :)
My name is Taylor Hayne-Miller.
On April 2, 2020 at ~4:15pm I was involved, with no fault of my own, in a near death head on collision in my CRV at 45mph with another driver who, while distracted, had come completely over the yellow line divider.
This resulted in every bone in my leg being snapped, including femur, and requiring titanium rods and screws to be inserted in to each bone.
The first initial recovery was, and continues to be a struggle, and about a month in to it my mother and father, due to deep inner wounding, abandoned me. Alone. On crutches. With next to nothing in the way of help.
I was fortunate enough to get put on mediCal retroactively to the date of the accident, and was able to get my pay from my job for the first 3 months (thanks to a no payback loan he got from the feds) but there’s been a lot more.
When that 3 months ended I was forced to go back to work to keep my place. Every day I am in pain. I’ve done my best, and stayed positive, but now there has been another twist..
Post Traumatic Arthritis in my ankle which met my engine at around 45mph while it was being crushed in to me/ the vehicle. 
The pain will only get worse. This isn’t about stretching and strengthening anymore. My ankle joint is bone on bone with zero cartilage left inside.
I have opted to proceed with an amputation surgery because it’s the only option that has a hope of regaining a somewhat normal life/ well being.
It’s going to be challenging, but I’ve got the hard work side covered. 
I just need to be able to pay rent and live for about 6 months while I relearn my gait (walking) with a prosthetic foot.

**PS:
The other driver had only minimum bodily injury insurance coverage, and before knowing the reality of this foot, I settled on $20,000 with 30% going to lawyer, and the other 70% being taxed by 50% by mediCal for their payments thus far. 
Basically I may be getting around $8000 TOPS & earlier this month I made the choice to take a loan from a family friend against that amount to by my truck that I am currently living in. .

Thanks for reading my story, and I really hope you can find it in your heart to give a little to help me be able to be the active, fun loving, and hard working guy I’ve always been.
❤️
  • Mark Hester 
    • $100 
    • 7 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $200 
    • 8 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $80 
    • 8 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $88 
    • 9 mos
  • Sarah charlotte Jones 
    • $100 
    • 9 mos
See all

Organizer

Taylor Hayne-Miller 
Organizer
Chamberlands Estates, CA
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more