The 6 letter word nobody ever wants to hear, but in October of 2016 this became something very real & too close to home.
• Tanya is a young 50 year old, spunky, brave, & God loving woman! Not to mention an out of this world Grandma! (Mama Nanya as Rylan would call her).She is happily married to her love, Mark, and they have one son together, Justin.
She has said it time and time again, this little boy keeps her fighting! & boy is she fighting like hell! He is her medicine.
• Tanya has gone through 2 years of chemo so far. At first each chemo worked, when it stopped they switched to something else. Unfortunately, there is not much else to try.
•She has been given 2 short months to live if she doesn’t get a treatment that works. She’s currently on chemo & they are hoping it will keep the cancer at bay, but her cancer is still growing with the chemo, so it’s important we try something else, and quickly, as time is not on our side anymore.
• There is hope though, as there always is! Her team of doctors have one last option, immunotherapy, which is not covered by insurance unless you have a certain cancer mutation. This is our last chance to keep Tanya here with us & we can’t do it alone.
• The immunotherapy will cost around $30,000 a month out of pocket, with insurance covering 0%. The doctors are advising that if we can come up with the funds to treat Tanya with the immunotherapy for 1 month (2 times a month at $15,000 a session), at that point they can reach out to insurance and they will likely cover a percentage from then on, making the out of pocket more manageable.
• Tanya has built so many memories with everyone she knows, and it’s time to ask for YOUR help so she can keep making memories with all of us, especially her grandson.
• We are asking for anything you can give. All donations big & small make such a difference.
So PLEASE help us save a great woman, daughter, wife, mother, grandma, & friend. We can’t bear to lose her.
Thank you for considering.
The Kasten Family & Friends
Ps we will do our best to post updates here as well,so stay tuned!
- Carol & Len Hogan
- Chicquita Woods
- Terry Schaitel