Tantrika Institute: Study. Practice. Connect.
Beloved Kula (Community & Chosen Family) and Friends,
We are thrilled to announce that the moment has finally come to create the first official retreat center for our community! This has been a long time coming, and so many of you have been dreaming this dream along with us.
The dream is a big one—big enough to hold, support, and inspire a kula of teachers, practitioners, and yogis around the world.
TĀNTRIKA Institute is a Global Institute for the Study and Practice of Yogic & Tantrik Arts & Sciences—and with your help, we will share an incredible home to gather in this sacred work.
As far as we know, Tantrika Institute will be the first and only nonsectarian institute for the study and practice of classical Tantrik arts and sciences in the English-speaking world. It will certainly be the only one with a curriculum equivalent of a college degree (but less academic and more practical for daily life)!
We deeply recognize the importance of a dedicated retreat space to serve this community, and have found the absolute perfect center to do so (well, really, it found us!). A center to drop in and truly experience the healing, magic, and grace of the Tantrik lineages from which we are so honored to receive teachings, serving this generation of seekers and many more to come. The center rests in the stunning countryside of central Portugal, a lush and serene setting for Tantrikas (practitioners of classical Tantra) to deepen their practice and immerse in their essence-nature. You will see for yourself that the Shakti is vibrantly alive here.
Tantrika Institute will offer powerful on-site residential retreats, but also will serve as a small āshram throughout the year, accommodating people for both short and longer-term personal retreats. Hareesh (Christopher Wallis), TI founder & head faculty, will reside on-site for approximately two-thirds of the year, leading retreats and supporting our community with daily study and practice. Other faculty and invited teachers from around the globe will offer additional residential courses and retreats as well (we are confirming their participation right now!).
Please enjoy this preview video of our gorgeous new retreat center:
As of today (November 1st), we have already put down a down payment and are fully COMMITTED to this purchase!
Now, we humbly request your support in enhancing the property to meet our community's values and needs: adding solar panels and permaculture infrastructure, as well as expanding our accommodations with yurts and (elevated) camping options.
Below, you will learn exactly how your investment will be used in directly adding value to Tantrika Institute, and how we will thank you for your generous contributions.
Your Generosity Will Create:
- Yurts & Additional Housing Structures- On-site, environmentally low-impact housing structures for individuals & couples
- Mattamayūra Shālā - (Named after an ancient Tantrik university/temple, literally meaning, "hall of the divinely intoxicated peacock") - A semi-enclosed, environmentally controlled practice space for Meditation,Yoga, Bhajans,Satsang, Puja, and Ceremony
- Permaculture - Bio-organic on-site grown food ecosystem, rain water harvesting, composting toilets, etc. (The property already has a vegetable garden and 50 fruit and olive trees!)
- Renewable Energy - Solar panel installation
- Tea Bar & Cafe - Serving a mostly ovo-lacto-vegetarian menu of healthy, Ayurvedic, & regional/Portuguese food & organic teas
- Yogi General Store - Bookshop for classic books, statues/mūrtis, health/wellness products, & accessories. (Proposed: only if the community wants it)
- TantrikaInstitute.org - Creation of Tantrika Institute web platform, including complete online learning portal
Gift & Gratitude Levels:
- $1 - $69: Tantrika Institute credits (see below)
- $70+ Perks include TI credits + official Tantrika Institute Founder Certificate, + your name on the Tantrika Institute Founders Wall at the Retreat Center, and Website (if desired) + a signed copy of one of Hareesh's books + a stone or crystal Shiva Linga, consecrated at the Tantrika Institute groundbreaking ceremony (the official Land Consecration, Puja, & Founders-only Retreat in Spring 2020) + a hand-carved (in India) stone altar statue of a Goddess of your choice + a hand-painted Trika mandala or Goddess yantra, produced by a master artist in the Kathmandu Valley, Nepāl + exclusive invitation to the invite-only, Inaugural Tantrika Institute Event! Official land Consecration, Puja, & Founders-only Retreat, PLUS will receive Tantrika Institute credits which may be used for Tantrika Institute Retreats, Events, and online courses.
Complete details can be found on Tantrika Yoga NOW FB page, and published soon on TantrikaInstitute.org
- November 24th, 2019 - All funding for property purchase secured
- Late March / April, 2020- Inaugural Tantrika Institute Event - Official Land Consecration, Puja, & Founders-only Retreat
- Late May, 2020 - Soft Launch of Tantrika Institute - with Special Guest Retreat Facilitator (TBA soon!)
- August, 2020 - Grand Opening Retreat of Tantrika Institute - Founder Hareesh Wallis as Key Facilitator
Location: VIEW HERE
Tantrika Institute Property Map:
We hold utmost gratitude to each of you for your support and role in bringing the Tantrika Institute to life. It is our deepest intention that this retreat center will serve as a sanctuary and ground for awakening for countless beings in this lifetime and beyond. This is for all of us.
With Such Love
~ 'Hareesh' Christopher Wallis and Founding TI TEAM (Tyler, Dani, & Miranda)
हरिः ॐ तत्सत् ~ Hari Om Tat Sat!