Tango-Fever and Covid19

As many of you already know, Hiba and I have decided to postpone our social tango events... Looking at the current situation locally and abroad, we believe this is the right thing to do. The health and wellbeing of our friends, students and Tango community, is our priority.

We will keep monitoring the situation closely and we truly hope that we can all return to the dance floor and to each other very soon. But the truth is this situation could go on for several more weeks, if not months.

Many of our expenses (such as hall hire for example) have been paid in advance and are not refundable (especially as the government hasn’t issued any restriction on gatherings to date). We are also challenged with ‘protecting’ our future use of these venues while being self-employed with an almost total loss of income during the current ongoing situation.

Over the past few days some kind members of the community have been in touch with us to acknowledge this and to ask if we are accepting contributions towards such expenses. We have now created a Gofundme campaign, and any contributions big or small are highly appreciated.

We want to thank all of you for your support and patience so far, while we all are doing our part in minimising the spread of COVID-19.

Virtual Hugs, 

Rene & Hiba 




  • Anonymous 
    • £50 
    • 1 mo
  • Anonymous 
    • £12 
    • 1 mo
  • Anonymous 
    • £15 
    • 2 mos
  • Nicola Pero 
    • £60 
    • 2 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • £64 
    • 2 mos
See all

Fundraising team: Tango-Fever Ltd (2)

Rene Hellemons 
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Hiba Faisal 
Team member
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more