Help support striking Los Angeles teachers and their fight for public education by donating to Tacos for Teachers, the fund that brings taco trucks to the picket-lines.
Any remaining funds not used on tacos goes directly to Alliance to Reclaim Our Schools.
Public school teachers in the Los Angeles Unified School District are fighting for the schools we deserve. The district is refusing to meet their demands, so the teachers' union, United Teachers Los Angeles, will strike beginning on January 14.
Some of UTLA's key demands include:
• Use the $1.9 billion in unrestricted reserves for smaller class sizes; for more nurses, counselors, and librarians; and to fully fund our schools;
• Commit to more support for special education, early education, bilingual education, and adult education;
• End the toxic overtesting of our students;
• Empower parent and educator voices at the school site with stronger Local School Leadership Councils; and
• Address the charter industry drain that siphons more than $600 million from our schools every year.
Read more about their fight here.
• Héctor Agredano, Faculty Association member, Pasadena City College
• Max Belasco, University Professional and Technical Employees - Communication Workers of America member
• Christina Ceisel, California Faculty Association member, Cal State Fullerton
• Brian Dolber, California Faculty Association member, Cal State San Marcos
• Claire Douglas, San Diego Education Association member
• Olivia Eliasoph Gamboa, California Federation of Teachers member, Camino Nuevo High School
• Caroline Luce, American Federation of Teachers and United Auto Workers member, UCLA
• Liz Thornton, American Federation of Teachers member, UCLA and Los Angeles Valley College
• Martha Baumgarten, Acero educator, bargaining team member, United Educators for Justice (UEJ) caucus, Chicago Teachers Union Allied Charter Teachers and Staff (CTU ACTS)*
• Larry Cagle, Oklahoma Teachers United, Oklahoma Education Association*
• Matt Casella, Alamance-Burlinton Association of Educators, Burlington, North Carolina*
• Rebecca Garelli, Arizona Education Association, Arizona Educators United*
• Jesse Hagopian, Seattle Education Association, Social Equity Educators*
• Darrin Hoop, Seattle Education Association, Social Equity Educators*
• Nicole McCormick, President, Mercer County Education Association, West Virginia*
• Jay O’Neal, Treasurer - Kanawha County Education Association, West Virginia*
• Rosa Powers, Settle Education Association, Social Equity Educators*
• Stephanie Price, Chair - Committee for Racial and Ethnic Minorities, Oklahoma Education Association*
• Justin Vinson, Seattle Education Association, Social Equity Educators*
• Lauren Ware Stark, Seattle Education Association, Social Equity Educators*
*For identification purposes only
• Democratic Socialists of America, Los Angeles
• International Socialist Organization, Los Angeles
• California Educators Rising
• Social Equity Educators, Seattle
A note to all supporters: Funds will be collected by Clare Lemlich, one of the volunteer coordinators of this campaign, and paid out to our taco provider partners. Remaining funds will be sent to to central strike solidarity fund with Alliance to Reclaim Our Schools.
DonationsSee top donations
- Trevor Beckstead
- Offduty Ninja
- Mario Leone
- Margaret Buhn
Fundraising team: Strike Support Committee (2)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more