Afghans are in crisis and urgently need your help!
Afghanistan continues to experience widespread food insecurity and malnutrition, largely due to the loss of global humanitarian aid.
7-12th grade girls have been out of school since August 2021, and the country cannot move forward without educating girls of all ages. THEY NEED YOUR HELP!
Donate today to support Razia’s Ray of Hope as we continue to educate K-6th grade girls and support 7-12th grade girls out of school and their families.
Donations to RRH’s ongoing crisis relief efforts will:
- Provide food to families. In the face of economic collapse, girls over age 10 are at increased risk of forced marriage for a dowry; providing essential needs to families reduces this risk.
- Deliver hygiene and menstrual products to girls and women. In times of crisis, women’s health and hygiene needs are deprioritized and result in increased health risks for girls and young women; meeting these needs is vital to the physical and mental health of adolescent girls and women.
- Serve meals to 600+ girls at school, six days a week. Nutrition is essential to health and education! Providing food in school and for their home during a food crisis encourages families to prioritize their daughter’s education.
- Enroll as many K-6th grade girls in school as possible. On average, every year of education for a girl delays marriage by another year; increasing enrollment of young girls is an essential intervention and investment in their future.
- Deliver books to 7-12th grade girls. Afghanistan’s 7-12th grade girls can’t be in the classroom; delivering books to their homes supports continued literacy gains, encourages the girls to pursue their interests, and reminds them we are still advocating for them.
Afghan girls are persevering - and they need your help!
Support Afghan girls and their families!
About Razia’s Ray of Hope
Razia's Ray of Hope Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 2007 that improves the lives of young women and girls through community-based education in a rural district of Afghanistan. Built on the knowledge that education is key to positive, peaceful change for current and future generations, we provide learning and growth in a safe and nurturing environment, empowering girls and women through education and resources so that they may work toward brighter futures—in their own villages and beyond.
Educating Afghan girls is our best hope for a better, brighter future for our world, and your donations make it possible.