Support Uncle's Top Surgery Fundraiser
Hello! And thank you so much for visiting my GoFundMe for Top Surgery.
My name is hidden for confidentiality and safety reasons and thus, I will be using the alias: "Uncle", for this fundraiser.
About me and this fundraiser:
• I am an NYC based Korean American person of transgender experience, and I am in my mid 30's.
• I had originally scheduled this procedure to take place with a well-recommended surgeon in Florida back in 2019. The costs of this procedure and the availability of this surgeon pushed the date to December of 2020.
• Once COVID-19 hit, I was no longer able to maintain this plan. I found another surgeon based in NYC however their availability was pushed to 2021.
• Then, I was also relocated to another state to provide care for a family member in June.
• After months of not knowing if or when this surgery could take place, I have finally found a surgeon in the local area who can schedule me by December of this year!
• The caveat is that it will not be covered by insurance and it does have some more costs that I need support with, including labs to screen for cancer.
What the funds will go towards:
• Surgeon fee - $8,792
• Operating Room/Facility - $1,985
• Anasthesia - $1,071
• Labs - $500
• Prescription/Meds - $200
• Pre/Post-Op Visits - $200
• EKG's, diagnostics - $500-1000
Why is this fundraiser privately shared:
For reasons of safety and respect to my family of origin who has high visibility and involvement with a large religious organization, I have chosen to keep my fundraiser under a different name. Despite their non-acceptance, I do live my life openly, and proudly transgender. The notion of surgery, however, will not be met with kindness or non-aggression. I respectfully ask that the privacy and precaution of this fundraiser be maintained -- please feel free to share this campaign but please only use my real name in private channels and direct messages only.
DonationsSee top donations
Your donation matters