On the morning of August 15, 2018, Zach was alone in the house sleeping after working the night shift as a Sergeant with the Fort Dodge Police Department. Only a couple hours later, he woke up to the sound of a fire alarm going off and he quickly realized his home was full of smoke. There was a substantial fire burning in the hallway near the bedrooms that was far beyond containment. In the coming moments, he rescued their pets and was able to evacuate his home before calling 911. At around 9:15 am, the Fire Department was on scene and gaining control of the fire that was beginning to engulf the house. Thankfully, the Fire Department was able to extinguish the flames before the house was rendered a total loss.
Due to a combination of fire, smoke and water, the Stanley house has been heavily damaged, and the family has been forced out of their home. They will likely be displaced for a number of months while repairs are made, and before the home will be livable once again. In the meantime, they will be in need of many things for themselves and their children to get back on their feet. Like most families, the Stanley’s do not have excess funds waiting on hand to replace all of their belongings while they wait for insurance funds to come through. Even at that point, we know that there will be gaps in insurance coverage for certain things and this event will take a great financial toll on them.
DonationsSee top donations
- Nate Clute
- Ann Meyer
- Steve Pederson
- Richard Broer
- Mark & Joan Stanley
Fundraising team: Friends of the Stanley Family (3)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more