The Biotechnology Institute was created in 1998 as a 501(c)(3) organization by a group of leading biotechnology companies and centers and the Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO). We are an independent, leading science-based national education organization. The Institute directs a premier national science competition, the BioGENEius Challenge, annual Leadership Awards, educational programs like BioDiversity, and career mentoring opportunities. Beyond fostering innovative biotechnology research in our next-gen scientists, we strive to reach a broad spectrum of audiences to bridge the intellectual gap in life sciences between the general public and the biotechnology community.
Your support will help us to continue our mission to "ENGAGE, EXCITE and EDUCATE" these innovative young minds. All proceeds go directly to support our programs that span grades 3-12, including:
- BioGENEius Challenge (premier HS science competition at the BIO International Conference)
- GenePool Competition (a nature/nurture version of Shark Tank)
- Leadership Awards (recognizing outstanding individuals and educators in "bioSTEM")
- BioDiversity (12-week bioSTEM online courses for students from under-resourced schools)
- BioDiversity Writing Intensive (36-week immersion in science writing and publishing)
- BioInnovators (career mentoring for women in science)