Lanie and Solveig won the final of the lightweight women's pair at the 2022 USRowing National Team Trials on Mercer Lake, N.J, claiming a spot on this year's US National Team and earning the right to represent the United States at the 2022 World Rowing Championships this September in Racice, Czech Republic.
They're excited to have the opportunity to continue working together in the pair, having the time to train hard, get more miles together and simply push their physical and mental limits every day before they line up against pairs from other countries at Worlds.
Training at this level requires a lot of time, energy and resources. And competing as lightweights calls for clean fuel, smart recovery and constant TLC.
Some of their regular training costs over the next ten weeks, but also additional expenses for showing up to the line and competing at Worlds, are as follows:
- Airfare for both athletes and coaches: $5200
- USRA Fees for both athletes and coaches (Entry Fee, lodging, transportation from hotel to the race course) 4x$3899: $15596
- Boat rental at Worlds: $2150
- Weekend training trips (hotels & gas): 4 $300: $1200
- Massages: $100 per athlete per week: $1800
- Nutritionist: $350 per athlete per month: $1400
- Supplements and Clean Nutrition: $100/week: $2000
We do have support from our boat club (Vesper Boat Club) and are working together to raise the full amount needed to support the entire team of coaches and athletes combined.
Any amount of support is greatly appreciated,
Solveig & Lanie