T. Scott Marr "Miracle Man"

From the Marr Family:

I know there are many questions..we’re right there with you.

Once again, MIRACLE MAN.

We’re going to try and start from the beginning, there are holes in the story and honestly the doctors aren’t sure what to think either.. on Wednesday night (December 12th) dad wasn't answering his phone & all the doors were locked.

His girlfriend Darlene said he seemed pretty much normal before she left for work that morning. When she came home Wednesday evening, she found all of the doors locked and the lights still off.  At that point, Darlene contacted Drew saying “something wasn’t right”. Drew proceeded to go to dad’s house, call 911, and break in finding him unresponsive in bed.

Dad was transported by ambulance to Methodist where he was assessed and we were told he had a massive brain stem stroke with an associated swelling leading to anoxic brain injury. Each thing is detrimental alone & all combined is not survivable. We were then told he was close to brain dead and given a few different options by a very trusted neurosurgeon, that has also been a family friend for years. In his words “I know T Scott and if there was ANYTHING I feel that we could be doing to fix this, I would be doing it.” He also said that his organs were still functioning, but what kind of life is it to just be laying there and not actually living.

We were then told that he was an organ donor, and all came together to make the decision to let his body rest and be assessed by NORS as we knew that was what he would have wanted. As we waited for him to be assessed we had started to come to terms that we needed to say our goodbyes, as we were saying our goodbyes we were told he wasn’t an eligible candidate for organ donation.. us kids knowing dad, knew he didn’t want us sitting around and just waiting for something we thought was impossible to happen... so we decided to extubate him and be there with him in his last moments.. he wasn’t breathing around the vent which meant he wasn’t breathing on his own.

We were told he would pass quickly, possibly in minutes, as far as they knew. After being extubated he continued to breath on his own, with his O2 constantly staying above 90%, and as the wee hours of the night came we thought it best for us to all go home and try to get some rest and be with family as we were trying to mourn our loss.. we asked the nurses to call us with any updates as we could be there in just minutes, if there was a decline. As Thursday came around and we were planning to pick a mortuary for cremation, we instead decided to go back to the hospital to be with him again. As we were on our way our aunt said she felt he was more responsive.

When we get there, LET US TELL YOU... we have never felt anything like that in our entire lives. “Hi dad...I love you” “Hi sweetie, I love you too”. Next we told the nurses we needed the docs to come see him. After about an hour dad’s neurosurgeon (who was on his day off) came up to assess him & literally their jaws dropped and he said “well...okay! We’re changing the plan of treatment now. Let’s do this, I’ll order a repeat CT”

As time passed we continued to talk to him and just were in awe of what was before us, we knew he was starting to really come back to us. 

Ryan: “Can you see me okay dad?”
Dad: “I can see your ugly mug just fine.” 

We are taking this minute by minute, knowing there is a long road ahead of him & all of us. 


Organizer and beneficiary

Brandi Kay Preston
Omaha, NE
Preston Marr

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily.

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about.

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the  GoFundMe Giving Guarantee.