“Not all of us can do great things, but we can do small things with great love.”
~ Mother Theresa
As the founder of the new Essere Residency, I am seeking your support in any amount to create 3 fellowships for talented artists with economic need, so they may attend this life-changing program.
The first will go to a young mother from Beirut who is a novelist, essayist, and poet. "Y." is coming to Essere to complete her third novel. When we read her application the following mission statement really captured our attention:
“If I can write something that makes just one person feel less alone, more understood, maybe glimpse something true and beautiful, then I will have accomplished something with my life.”
We recognize how challenging it can be for parents to find the time and space to create. As 'Y' says, she will be a better example to her children when she finishes the book she believes in so strongly.
Will you help support her vision by making a donation?
At Essere Residency, we want to create a diverse program where candidates are accepted on merit, not just ability to pay. To do this, we need your help.
Many talented writers and artists are living below the poverty line and cannot afford the program fee, yet their work, if fostered will change the lives of many. Here are some more examples of applicants we hope to support through this Fellowship Fund.
- An artist from Ethiopia attempting to heal from PTSD by creating large scale paintings of ‘the most beautiful or painful things she has seen; in front of or behind her eyes.’
- A transgender actor from Los Angeles developing a play about ‘family, spirituality, and bias.’
- A filmmaker from Iran striving to amplify the stories of women from suppressed cultures.
We believe that by nourishing individuals, we are contributing to the wellbeing of the world.
Any donation amount is appreciated!
The program fee is $3500 for each participant. You can see what is included here.
- Will you help us to uplift new voices and visions of creativity?
- Will you share this fundraiser link on your social media?
- Will you message us if you know any organizations or businesses that might want to be sponsors for the program?
If you have any questions, please reach out. And please follow us on Instagram and Facebook to see how the program is growing.
With gratitude in advance for your support!
Jennie Lee, Director