I’m Prajakta Jagtap from India. I’ve always dreamed of finding a way to help businesses succeed by creating connections across borders. My education and journey working with small companies led me to realize that I needed to come to the United States to launch my start-up idea through the MBA program at Babson College. Due to the pandemic, some of my scholarship money fell through and I need to raise the funds directly.
Babson College awarded me two prestigious scholarships- the President’s MBA Scholarship and the Women’s MBA Leadership Award scholarships. My Rotary International Scholarship for covering the balance cost of attendance of $1,07,000 has been in process since January 2021, with no success yet. As an entrepreneur, I already know that facing setbacks with grace and determination is a key part of overcoming obstacles. I am asking you for your specific help to fund my studies at Babson. No scholarship or gift is too small.
I’m currently looking to raise a minimum of $40,000 to cover the cost for the spring 2022 semester. This would cover my tuition fees, meals, living expenses. However, I’m open to raise the entire budgeted amount with your generosity and support. You can contribute here on my GoFundMe page.
I’m a very hard-working person. I’m currently accepted for two job opportunities on-campus, for which I’d be working 20 hours per week. I’d be starting the jobs from next week. If you would like to interview me or meet with me to learn more about my start-up or my qualifications, I am more than happy to meet with you. I know that many of you had people who invested in you along the way and I am already grateful to you for investing in students like me.
To learn more about my startup concept and about my unique qualifications, please read below. (Note 1)
Thank you again for your consideration and kindness!!
Let me take this opportunity to share a bit more about myself. I am a Chartered Accountant (Indian CPA) and CFA Charterholder, an entrepreneur, an MBA candidate at Babson College. I am a strong entrepreneurial person with high intellectual curiosity. My diverse educational and experiential background allows me to see business problems/ opportunities more holistically. I am a creative person who is open to solving problems in non-traditional ways even when that means needing to take smart risks or navigate ambiguity.
Advising and mentoring startups helped me realise gaps in the startup ecosystem. I’m thus working on building a one-stop solution for entrepreneurs that will simplify doing business and encourage more entrepreneurship, taking us one step closer to the UN Sustainable Development Goals by creating a positive impact on many lives. To improvise on my idea and get exposure of the rich startup ecosystem in the US, I joined the Babson College MBA Program in Fall 2021.
Some of my achievements:
1. Chartered Accountant (Indian CPA)
2. CFA® Charterholder, CFA Institute USA (passed all three CFA Program examinations in three consecutive years).
3. Company Secretary- Secured All India Rank 9th in CS Professional Program and All India Rank 20th in CS Executive Program.
4. Bachelor of Commerce (First Class with Distinction) from Sir Parshurambhau College (Pune University), where I secured Rank 1 in First Year, Rank 3 in Second and Third Year.
5. Master of Commerce with Grade A+.
6. Bachelor of Law (First Class with Distinction) from Pune University.
7. Summer School in Strategic Management at London School of Economics: Secured Grade A.
8. Diploma in International Financial Reporting Standards, ACCA, UK: secured 81%.
9. Startup Mentor for Startup India, a Govt. of India initiative.
10. Speaker at renowned startup forums, such as Startup Grind.
11. President of FinTree Toastmasters Club for Finance Professionals.
12. Volunteer for United Nations Online Volunteering- Helped United Nations Association of Somalia and Better Life Vietnam.
13. Business Mentor for India’s leading social entrepreneurship centre