My name is Katinka Kjos-Kendall and I’m venturing into starting up my very own therapy practice (Katinka’s Therapy Room) in Oslo, Norway.
I am a licensed Gestalt Therapist (MNGF) of June 2017 from the Norwegian Gestalt institute Oslo, Norway. My dream is to work full time as a Gestalt therapist.
I need $9000 or 75,000 NOK (Norwegian Kroner) to get my start-up running for the 3 first months (January-March 2018).
I currently see 5 clients on a regular basis. To make ends meet I also work full-time as an assistant at a Pre-school. That means that all clients are seen in the evening, after a long day of enthusiastic and screaming 3-5 year-olds. I often think to myself, "How will I be able to have clients after this?" But, when meeting my client I'm suddenly wide awake! And I realize: this is what I love to do – meeting people where they are and making a difference in their lives.
So my dilemma is – how to make the transition from working at the Pre-school - and stepping up my private practice?
This is where YOU come in:
Brene Brown says that “Daring greatly means the courage to BE VULNERABLE: To ask for what you need.”
So, I am daring greatly by leaping forward and asking: Would you help me make this leap?
What is the money for?
All money raised will go towards supporting my start-up business and private practice: Katinka’s Therapy Room/Katinkas Therapirom. This can be considered a great investment – not only for me – but for the clients that I will support who battle issues like: Depression, Shame, Stress, Sexuality, Infidelity, Suicide, etc.
Where will the money go
- Deposit ( $3400 — returned at end of lease)
- Rent for the first 3 months ($3400)
- Furniture/interior decorations, etc. (all bought second hand) ($1200)
· Coffee/tea and cups.
· Folding chairs (for therapy).
· Floor rug.
· Therapy tools – pen and paper.
- Marketing ($250)
- Homepage ($120)
- Business cards ($60)
Pluss goFundme fee (7,4% = $670 if fully funded)
Money coming in:
- 4 clients per week at $85per hour = $1360 per month.
- 3 clients (students) per week at $60 per hour = $720 per month.
Total: $2080 or
- 8 clients per week at $85 per hour = $2720 per month.
- 6 clients (students) per week at $60 per hour = $1440 per month.
2. Possible Subletting.
a. 1 day ($120) a week = $480 per month.
b. 2 days a week = $960 per month.
How to do it?
· Start by reducing my position at the Preschool to 60% (goal 0%).
· Step up my marketing through GoMentor (www.gomentor.no).
· Continue developing my homepage (www.katinkasterapirom.com ).
· Continue developing my Facebook page (Katinkas Terapirom).
· Advertise (posters) at all of the Universities and Colleges in Oslo.
· Give students a 30% discount.
· Invite colleagues to rent Katinka’s Therapy Room on a day-by-day basis.
· Come and check me out in my Instagram
A little more about me
I am a 27 years old, living in Oslo, Norway and I have a wonderful and supporting boyfriend. We’ve been together 5 years. I am half-Norwegian and half-American celebrating both cultures with enthusiasm.
I have 7 years of higher education in total: Norwegian Gestalt Institute (4 years) and Religion, Ethics and Psychology (3 years). I am the youngest ever to graduate from the Norwegian Gestalt Institute.
I love to travel and make food from all parts of the world. My little “guilty pleasure,” truth be told, is pasta smothered in garlic and butter together with a glass of red wine.
Why should you support me?
I have already taken steps towards my goal:
· I have studied to get accepted into the school of my dreams, I succeeded.
· I have moved to the big city of Oslo.
· I became the youngest graduate from the Gestalt Institute in Norway.
· I am celebrating my one-year anniversary of supporting clients.
The next step is huge – I need to step down my day-job so that I can succeed as a therapist.
I thinks it’s immensely important to support mental health in general, but I also focus on supporting students by giving them a great discount.
I am passionate about my work. I am ready to buckle down for my clients, for myself and to take the next leap towards my dream. I have a broad academic background. I'm fearless, stubborn and won’t give up until I have accomplished my goals.
If you choose to help me, I will be incredibly grateful. The fact that you support me supporting others is the perfect "Pay It Forward".
In advance, let me thank you for all of your support through this exciting and scary time!
To help me get the word out, please share my link to your Facebook Timeline!”
DonationsSee top donations
- Ellen Kjos-Kendall
- Daniela Stanoyoski
- Elise Franksdotter
- Ann-Kristin Halle Larsen
- Anna Eline Bolstad
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more