On Sunday, August 4th, Nick was out wheeling around his neighborhood. He likes to sit under a tree and during this time he was struck by lightning. Thankfully, a neighbor across the street heard what sounded like an explosion, and had her husband call 911. As her husband was calling 911 she rushed to Nicks help as she found his wheelchair on fire. She stayed with him and comforted him while waiting for the paramedics and help to arrive. As he was being rushed to North Broward Medical, paramedics had to revive him. He was then put on a ventilator and was transferred to Ryder Trauma Center Burn Unit at Jackson Memorial where he is now in critical but stable condition. He is starting to show signs of improvement and brain activity. However, he is still unconscious and on a ventilator. The family is taking it one day at a time and waiting for him to wake up.
Nick is a positive light and an inspiration to so many!
Please continue to pray to a speedy recovery!
Fundraising team: Friends & Family Behind Nick (3)